Is this normal?

shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
Sorry if this has already been covered. I have been sulfate/silicone free since I joined but have still been washing with a sulfate free (burt bees) shampoo and my curls have been looking pretty great. Anyway, I decided to do my first cowash instead of shampoo today with the same silicone free conditioner I have been using and the results have left me a little frustrated. I am usually a 3a with the ocassional 3b curl and some waves underneath, but after the cowash my hair has gone from spirals to limp waves :(
I guess I was expecting CG to enhance my curls. Is this normal? Am I just expecting too much? Any advice would be very welcome. Thx
Fine, very porous 3a
Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal

Comments

• wavcurlgalwavcurlgal Registered Users Posts: 10
    It is normal if your hair is over conditioned, which may be the case. Since you didn't shampoo this time you hair had more moisture so, when you conditioned it maybe the hair was overly conditioned? Does that make sense? <.<;

You may need to find a lighter conditioner for your hair, to do the CG method. I'm sure others will be able to help you out way more then me since I'm still learning myself. :happy9:
    2b/2c or 2c/3a Depending on what I do to my hair

Shampoo: GTTTT
    Conditioner:Burt's Bees Super Shiny,GSAS
    Leave-ins: unref coconut oil,argan oil,GoW Healthy Hair Serum (rotate)
    Rinses: Honey,ACV,RosemaryT
    Others: Honey,BS
    DT: Unref Coconut Oil,Olive,Almond Oil w/honey

Tech:Pineapple,pillow w/silk scarf
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Hmmm my hair doesn't feel greasy, its just very limp and not curling as much. But I'm using 'burt bees more moisture' conditioner so maybe you're right, maybe I need to use something lighter. Any suggestions? Also if it IS overconditioned, do I need to shampoo again before I try another cowash?
    Fine, very porous 3a
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    mdrb wrote: »
    Hmmm my hair doesn't feel greasy, its just very limp and not curling as much. But I'm using 'burt bees more moisture' conditioner so maybe you're right, maybe I need to use something lighter. Any suggestions? Also if it IS overconditioned, do I need to shampoo again before I try another cowash?

An ACV rinse should take care of over conditioning. No need to poo again. I rotate products and rarely use anything more then twice a week. Some of the products I use as conditioners are Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Curl Junkie Moisture Theory, KBB Milk, Komaza Califia Conditioner and AO GPB or IN.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    So I went back to my usual sulfate free shampoo and my hair is still kinda limp and not curling as much :(
    My hair is in some sort of funk.
    I have my eye on a teatree conditioner that might be better for cowashing so hopefully I'll have better luck with that.
    Thanks for the input guys!
    Fine, very porous 3a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file