Overnight protein treatment ok?

dailywavydailywavy Posts: 249Registered Users
I was needing to do a protein treatment, and I am too tired to wait for it to soak in for an hour or more, would it be ok to just leave it in over night, or would that be a bad thing
I was planning on doing the deep pack chakrah from lorraine massey's CG.
My hair LOVES protein, and my hair is craving it.
Would it be ok, or would I get disasterous results?
2b, 2c / f / ii / medium-high porosity
Vo5-never again, i now can plop!
CG since may 09, and hubby LOVES the new wavy 'tude!
:thumbleft:
products: CV SB, burt's bees more moisture conditioner, co-wash suave naturals coconut condish. FSG, shea hair butter, hair refresher

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Overnight may be too long. I use the Nexxus protein treatments. The Nexxus Emergencee is about 3 minutes in the shower--according to directions. I may keep it on for 15 if I do it before I shower. Just used their Aloxxi Epitome Botanical Reconstructor, which is a spray that you are supposed to put on pre color application. I kept it on for about 15 minutes before shower and really liked it.

ETA: I added some of the treatments to the sample list.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dailywavydailywavy Posts: 249Registered Users
    Thanks for the info!
    I ended up just sleeping with it in my hair, no one commented to stop me, probably because it was around midnight.
    But it worked really great, and my hair is behaving much better now! Although, i wouldn't recommend it for everyone, especially those with protein sensitivity! My hair needed it so bad so could take it and it came out just fine!
    But sleeping in a plastic turbin that squishes isn't very fun. I plopped with a t-shirt over the turbin so it wouldn't be so noisy.
    2b, 2c / f / ii / medium-high porosity
    Vo5-never again, i now can plop!
    CG since may 09, and hubby LOVES the new wavy 'tude!
    :thumbleft:
    products: CV SB, burt's bees more moisture conditioner, co-wash suave naturals coconut condish. FSG, shea hair butter, hair refresher

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file