3b/c, CG newbie, needs help!

cupcakegirlmsgcupcakegirlmsg Posts: 2Registered Users
Okay, so I have armpit length (when wet. When dry,between chin and shoulder) 3b/c hair, very dry, very "poof" (as my friends say) and very frizzy on top. My routine is:

Wash with Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze
Squeeze out excess water.
Run L'Oreal Studio Line Curl Power Mousse through hair. Flip head upside down, let curls hang, and bounce.
Flip head back up.

I've been doing this for about a month now, and my curls have been very lackluster. I don't think I'm doing enough... and, another problem is that my curls aren't hanging right. They either stick to the side of my head, or EXPLODE out in every direction with no form. Once for the school dance, I got it to look really good, but I never got it again. In the end, I just pull my hair into a ponytail.

Ooh! And another thing. Is your hair supposed to feel really oily in the shower? Because mine does. Maybe I'm not used to the feeling of moisture in my hair, but it feels so greasy and I'm so tempted to wash it with shampoo...

Sorry, those aren't really questions... Here:
a) Should I add to my routine?
b) What can I do to add shine and get rid of EXPLODING curls?
c) Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• spiralcurl_gurlspiralcurl_gurl Posts: 16Registered Users
    a) I think that you may need more moisturizing products. Like a leave-in conditioner or a moisturizing cream.
    b)You could put on a shine serum. For the exploding curls the problem may be that your flipping your head over. If you all ready have very thick hair then you'll naturally have that volume.
    c) Not wrong. But like I said before you just need a little more to your routine.

Hope I've been some help :D
    3b, brunette, low porosity,coarse texture, just past shoulders when dry.
    Co-wash and leave-in: Suave naturals ocean breeze
    Styling: La Bella Lots of Curls Styling Gel
    Stats: Looking for more cg friendly styling products, considering getting a picture of hair to post as avatar
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    try to experiment with products more and get tips from hanging out on the boards...
  • Missy825Missy825 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Maybe you shouldn't squeeze out your hair. My hair is soak and wet when I apply my leave-in. I found that if I do anything to my hair after it is beginning to dry, it turns into a big poof ball. I don't comb any product through it either. I immediately plopp it. 30 minutes to an hour and diffuse. Works like a charm for me. I also DT every Tuesday. See my signature. Hope this helps.
    3b/c CG Modified
    Co-wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    Rinse out: Giovanni TTTT
    Leave in: Infusium 23 w/ EVOO, Spring Water & Mixed Chicks Leave-In
    Styling: Plopping, Diffuser
    Deep Conditioning: Aphogee 2 Min, Organic Root OO alternating weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    I think you shuld just use more moisturising products. My godsend is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] you should try that. If you're following CG DON'T use a shine serum as they are loaded with 'cones. You'll get lots of useful tips from hanging out on the boards more often too, I did :)

I also do a weekly DT it really helps. And after a co-wash I used a leave in then a moisturiser - Sister smith's wet set hair pudding, and this might sound crazy, but I use the lustrasilk mentioned in my siggie as a curl creme and it doesn't build up at all. HTH :D
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file