Been using OCM for a few months...

My skin has felt and looked great. I was in a rush the other day and just washed my makeup off with soap. Guess what? I woke up the next day with not 1 or 2 but 3 pimples. Pimples? I haven't had one in a long, long time. No more soap for me.

Comments

• SariaSaria Registered Users Posts: 15,963
    But a pimple wouldn't show up the next day. It takes time for one to actually show up on your skin.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Sairis wrote: »
    But a pimple wouldn't show up the next day. It takes time for one to actually show up on your skin.

Eh, you're probably right. I'm still not using soap again. ;) I am still baffled as to why I'd break out. My skin is usually very clear. I never broke out as a teenager except for one during my period.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    Speckla wrote: »

Eh, you're probably right. I'm still not using soap again. ;) I am still baffled as to why I'd break out. My skin is usually very clear. I never broke out as a teenager except for one during my period.

Speckla, just so you know... I hate you. :P
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Bumps may not be pimples--they could be some type of sensitive skin reaction. I can use a product my skin doesn't like on my hair and will have hives various places on my body in a few hours and sporadically for days to come. My skin loves OCM.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MimsTX wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »

Speckla, just so you know... I hate you. :P

Have you ever seen pictures of me as a teen? I had to suffer through a bowl-type curly cut. That was worse than acne! :afro:
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    lol, got you beat...

I had a cropped hair cut too, with frizz prone poof that pretended to be hair... AND acne that's still hounding me at 26 :P

Those hair cuts though... I'm kind of with you. they're at the very least AS bad, if not worse than the acne...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
    Now I have these red bumps on my back, legs, and my face. I definitely think it's a reaction to the soap. No whitehead, just red itchy bumps. :angry7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file