pin curls?

distraughtcurlydistraughtcurly Posts: 10Registered Users
Is it possible to create vintage hair styles, like pin curls or rag curls with curly hair? I know it sounds silly, because we all already have curly hair, but, I think pin curls look really nice. I know they work well on straight hair, I'm just wondering if it works well on curly hair.

Comments

• kellygreen49kellygreen49 Posts: 625Registered Users
    Eh...
    I'm not so sure about that.
    The reason it works with wavy/straight hair, is because they don't have a curl pattern to begin with. So they're creating one. But since as a curly you have a curl pattern, you'd be destroying the one you have by creating the pin curl or rag curl look.
    You'd still most likely be curly, just not "naturally" curly in a way.

But if you like vintage-y flapper hair, try cutting it short and diffusing. It may give the same effect!
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpgcurls1-1.jpg
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    Like the person above said, that would be difficult for curly hair. I think the only way you could get it exactly how you want is by straightening it then following regular procedures.
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • jam6352jam6352 Posts: 99Registered Users
    Actually, it's SUPER easy. I have 3c/3b curls and whenever I want to do pincurls I simple braid my hair the day before, let it air dry, and take it out. There will be a bit of a wave of course, but it's the best way to get your hair somewhat straight and dry to do the pincurls. Contrary to what everyone else is saying, you're not hurting you hair but putting it in a protective/low manipulation hair style which can really help of you're experiencing breakage or want to grow your hair out. Anyways, unravel the hair, comb/brush it out in sections gently (try appling a small amount of moisturizer to the hair to prevent snagging), once done gather some bobby pins. Make the peace sign with your index and middle finger and hold them together. Wrap a section off the hair around them.Take you fingers out to reveal the "O" your hair is in. Continue wrapping up until you reach the scalp. Put a single bobby pin in the middle to secure it. Repeat. If that sounds all over the place just tell me and I'll send you the link to my video! Have fun!
    Low-Poo: Hairveda's Shampoo Bar
    Co- Wash: Suave Professionals
    Rinse-out Conditioners: HE LTR , GF Triple Nutrition, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Cholesterol
    Deep Conditioner: Lustrasilk S/M Cholesterol + honey, EVOO, coconut oil

Moisturizers:
    Hairveda's 3-n-1 Creme & Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Lotion

• distraughtcurlydistraughtcurly Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thanks for replying! Would you please send me the video, I followed some parts, but then just got a little lost at the end. Thanks!
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is it possible to create vintage hair styles, like pin curls or rag curls with curly hair? I know it sounds silly, because we all already have curly hair, but, I think pin curls look really nice. I know they work well on straight hair, I'm just wondering if it works well on curly hair.
    Absolutely! Back in the day when everyone set their hair in pin curls, the ones with naturally curly hair were the lucky ones, because the sets would last longer, as the hair already has good texture and body.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file