We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Getting first curly cut today

Over the last few years I've been growing my hair out from a pixie cut, and I've found it's no longer the stick straight hair I had 10 years ago. There's quite a bit of curl to it - awesome since I've always wanted curly hair.

Anyway, I haven't gotten a haircut in probably 9 to 12 months (maybe longer), and I'm hoping that a cut will help make it look more curly/wavy and less like a giant mess. It certainly can't hurt.

My plan is to tell the stylist (recommended by a curly haired friend) that I'd like to keep length, not look like a frumpy mom, and encourage the curl as much as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions beyond that?

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Not really any suggestions, just good luck and come back with pics of the cut. I love a good curly cut :)
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file