We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Ouidad tress fx and climate control

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,362Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
What do you feel are the differences between the two? My hair is 2C/3A; what I notice is that Climate control leave a great shine on my hair, and Tress Fx (although I have not bought it in a while) smells bad.

Comments

• jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    Climate control does not have as much hold, and my hair feels softer when I use it. It smells a bit perfumey, but I like it - think of some of the shampoos from the 80's.

Tress F/X has a bit more hold, dries a bit crunchier, and smells like clove.

HTH a bit...If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the Climate Control. There are way cheaper gels on the market than can do what Tress F/X can do. However, Climate Control does have dimethicone toward the bottom half of the list, if I remember correctly.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,362Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hmmm, I thought climate control was supposed to have more hold...yes, the Tres F/X smells medicinal, and cloves would be about right.
  • GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    I got no hold w/the Tress FX and hold w/the CC.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file