can i wear mineral makeup in the pool?

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
my skin is still not blemish free so i like to wear foundation to even my complexion. i was wondering if i could wear mineral makeup in the pool? i don't find that it sweats off my skin when i work out but i wasn't sure if i'd have bad results in the pool.

does anyone keep their makeup on in the poo? i wear meow now by the way..
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• curlprocurlpro Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use colorescience mineral makeup, it is fine in the pool or beach and has 30spf, it is listed as waterproof, just blot your face with the towel don't rub and you are good to go.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't imagine the powder-style mineral makeup staying on in a pool.... but granted, I've never tried. let me know if it works lol.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't imagine any makeup of any type staying on in the pool, but when I'm in the pool, I'm really swimming, not just bobbing around. If you just want to bob and get the occasionally splash in the face, mineral makeup may hold up for a while. Just blot, don't rub.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thanks girls...i'll be "bobbing" i mean i don't mind getting all wet but i really can't swim so i won't be doing laps or anything. we'll also be in a hot tub. i just wanted to make sure i didn't have a runny mess on my hand. the thing i like about my makeup is even when i sweat at the gym a little comes off on the towel but nothing heavy....it's like it absorbs in my skin. oh well, i guess i'll know tonight ;-)
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    can i wear mineral makeup in the pool?
    Not if you still want to be wearing mineral makeup when you get out of the pool. But that's JMO.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • curlprocurlpro Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You may not believe it but it is true, waterproof and sweatproof. I swam and snorkled last weekend, stayed on for hours. The same company makes mineral sunblock, looks just like the makeup, it's recommended by the american cancer society. Check out the web site if you don't believe me www.colorescience.com you can only buy it in salons or from plastic surgeons. I would never tell such a lie, makeup is serious business(LOL) to me I have big dark circles under my eyes, I can't go anywhere without makeup.
    Cynthia
    curlpro wrote: »
    You may not believe it but it is true, waterproof and sweatproof. I swam and snorkled last weekend, stayed on for hours. The same company makes mineral sunblock, looks just like the makeup, it's recommended by the american cancer society. Check out the web site if you don't believe me www.colorescience.com you can only buy it in salons or from plastic surgeons. I would never tell such a lie, makeup is serious business(LOL) to me I have big dark circles under my eyes, I can't go anywhere without makeup.
    Cynthia

thanks curlpro. i need to know for tonight with the makeup i already have. i'm not in the pool enough to buy special makeup just for the pool. i really just wanted to know if in general mineral makeup is okay for the pool....
    my makeup was fine in the pool!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list