Xanthan Gum and lip gloss

sarita423sarita423 Posts: 14Registered Users
I'm purchasing xanthan gum for my FSG and was wondering if I could use it to thicken a lip gloss. I hate squeeze tubes and want to decant the gloss (L'Oreal Color Juice) into a sample jar but I'd prefer it to be a bit thicker or more solid. Would this work?

Thanks!

Sarah :bunny:

Comments

• burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i'm not sure, but when i was in college, we had a floor even where we made chap stick. all we used was vaseline/ petroleum jelly, aloe vera gel, a drop of food coloring and some scented extract. i made a pinkish vanilla lip balm that was extremely soothing. but i dont see why you couldnt use a bit of the gum to thicken it. you should experiment on a cheap $1 lipgloss to see how it will turn out.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • sarita423sarita423 Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thanks. I actually ended up purchasing guar gum because they only had a GIGANTIC bag of xanthan gum. I'll try it this weekend. Seems to work in my FSG.
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    Xanthan gum and guar gum are both common ingredients in lipstick, so you should be ok.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file