CurlTalk

What would you get?

M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
I am looking for a new piece of jewelry. I am thinking either a diamond pendant or diamond earrings...either one to match my round cut solitaire engagement ring.

Before you start guanoing this thread with opinions on diamond mines, please...start another thread. I merely want opinions on who would buy what and why.

Thanks.
:rambo:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Earrings -- they just seem to be more wearable on an everyday basis.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Earrings for the same reason goldilocks gave. :) Happy shopping!
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    For me it would be earrings, only because I have a kid who seems to break the chain on every f-ing necklace I wear LOL. When he gets a bit older I will start wearing necklaces again.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another vote for the earrings! I have diamond studs and I wear them everyday in my second hole. I switch up the bottom hole, but I always have the studs in.

I have two diamond pendants (just a bunch of chips :wink: ) and wear them rarely. If I'm in all black, or going somewhere really nice I'll wear one of those, but I just don't like them for everyday wear.

How do you want to wear the piece? Is it for everyday or special occasions?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Another vote for earrings. My husband got me diamond studs our first Chanukah together and I wear them every day.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Earrings. You have a bigger selection. I prefer hoops, but studs look simple and very pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    And yet another vote for earrings - I know I'd wear them more than I'd wear a diamond pendant.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • imagen*imagen* Posts: 11Registered Users
    I would get a pendant, because I don't have my ears pierced! I guess it would depend on how much I have of both. I want this necklace so bad:
    171480609.jpg

Getting something to put in that new jewelry box, eh? :wink:
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    First the earrings, THEN the pendant. :)

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    First the earrings, THEN the pendant. :)

Greedy :twisted:

Next she could get a bracelet :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I'd get earrings. Necklaces always seem to get tangled in my hair, so I rarely wear them.
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    YolyC wrote:
    Next she could get a bracelet :wink:

And a little sumthin' sumthin' for her toes too.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    I guess I'm gonna be one of the few voting for the pendant. I would be terrified to wear diamond earrings. :lol: Everyone loses an earring occasionally..... the back falls off and it slides right out of your ear without you even noticing. What if I lost one of the diamond ones?!?
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • fllk42fllk42 Posts: 5Registered Users
    belly ring. :lol:

Probably earrings, because I have more 4 really pretty necklaces, and really only ever wear two of them. Not that I wear earrings on a regular basis, either, but I could use a fairly plain pair of earrings that go with everything.
  • plinkplink Posts: 103Registered Users
    The biggest, best quality stud earrings you can afford. Just make sure to get very secure backs on them. Good earrings should come with them.

Mine(decent quality but not big enough) have been with me for about 15 years with no mishaps and I wear them everyday. Just take them out to clean them. Have fun.
    I have finally realized I look my best when my hair tells me how it is going to fall, and I just make suggestions.

3A BSL
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    Earrings. You can wear earring without a matching pendant, but what kind of earrings would you wear to go with a diamond pendant that aren't diamond. Earrings and then, pendant. That's what I did. Or, my husband, anyway.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Earrings. I got a pair from my husband when I gave birth to our son. I wear them all of the time. Probably because those screw backs are a PITA. But they are really beautiful too. :D

I am not a pendant kind of girl. I rarely wear anything around my neck.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    Another vote for earrings. Because they can go with everything. I like studs, but I also like little dangly earrings, for a bit of dressed up feeling.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Earrings...
    lol @ wood
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Earrings. You can dress them up or down. I'd feel dorky in jeans and T-shirt, wearing a diamond pendant. Simple diamond studs would go with everything.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    I vote earrings too. My husband bought a pair for me a couple of years ago and I wear them almost all the time. Plus you have a little baby, and if she's anything like my daughter, she'll be grab-happy when it comes to necklaces. :lol:
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    I voted earrings because I wear them more than necklaces. Stud earrings are versatile too because you can buy all kinds of enhancers for them.

I would be more afraid of losing a pendant than earrings. Good earrings come with the backs that screw on so you won't lose them, but necklaces can break.
  • curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    Earrings.
    3c
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Earrings, but check your pm.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    How long is your hair, M2LR & Co? If your new sparklies are just going to be hidden, I vote pendant.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    meryn wrote:
    How long is your hair, M2LR & Co? If your new sparklies are just going to be hidden, I vote pendant.

Hmm...Kinda short. Maybe shoulder length...I would DEF show them off!! ;-)
    :rambo:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Earrings, for all the same reasons. :)

I got a nice pair of CZ earrings last birthday. DH wanted to get me diamonds but I was afraid I'd lose one, so I got CZs instead. I figure, if I don't lose one in a year or so, I may get diamonds. But then again, no one can tell the difference on my ears! My jeweler friend got me a really good pair. :D

I don't have screwbacks but I've never lost an earring. I've lost a back once but the front post stayed in.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.