Tips, Please!

HateRelationshipHateRelationship OhioRegistered Users Posts: 100
Hi, everyone! I'm glad to have stumbled across this website again. I moments ago posted a question about whether or not I should start that no-poo treatment and wanted to come here to find out if that would help my hair retain it's growth?

My hair is cut short right now, and when I had it cut last, it was in a style meant for straight hair, so it looks rather funny! However, I'm just letting it grow out as is, and this'll be the first time I'll have let it grow long since I first cut it about 4 years ago. I'm very excited and want to know how I can help my hair grow!

Some facts:

-I'm mixed (my mother says this is a reason my hair is more/less greasy etc.)

-I've never dyed my hair but plan on bleaching it from dark brown sometime in the near future.
-My hair is very thin and my mother's side has a history of female patterned baldness whereas my father's side doesn't.
-I used to get my hair flat ironed once a week or so and use nearly no product on it. I'd brush it every day. Now, I still wash/condition it once a week, and on other days, I rinse it with cold water. I only comb it and use Tresemme when I'm going out.

Thank you to anybody who can help!
I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!

Comments

• Heather0kayHeather0kay SeattleRegistered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    Using the most natural CG products will help keep your hair healthier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
  • CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Pacific NorthwestRegistered Users Posts: 295
    WHat is the Morrocco method.

and HateRelationship if you want your hair to grow. use more natural products and read around on other peoples posts. I would hold off on the bleach until you get some reading done. and alot of the people here go shampooless, I only shampoo once a month or so with a sulfate free shampoo and the rest of the time I cleanse with a conditioner. My hair has grown 3 inches since January.. of courses with shrinkage from the curls it only seems 1 1/2 inches longer.
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file