CurlTalk

Anyone else absolutely love Etsy?

CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
I discovered Etsy while looking for a body butter that suited my needs. Since then, I am obsessed with looking at all the things on here!

So anyway, anyone else love it? What do you like to find on there?
Currently Loving:
Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam

Comments

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    I looooooooove Etsy. I could spend hours e-window shopping on there. :D I like to check out the hair products, of course, hair accessories, soaps, and jewelry.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Of what I've browsed-definitely love. Considering I'd like to have a store there, I should probably browse it more. I've kinda stuck to checking out clothes, and accessories that could be sewn or knitted. It is a lot of fun though to see everyone's creative visions.

One of my favorite sellers to follow

She has hit and miss pieces but when they're hit they're really hit, and it's impressing that she drafts her own patterns. Etsy has to be just a beginning for her.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    ^^She has some great dresses!

I spend way too much time on the site. I am obsessed with searching skin products, even though I found a seller I love.

The jewelery is super cute too.
    Currently Loving:

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
    I love it too. Right now, I am obsessed with baby items and jewelry.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I love it, but it's overwhelming. I wish there were easier ways to narrow down the searches.

Maybe people here could say which sellers they love? ;)
    Minneapolis, MN
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    I'm a big fan of etsy. I could browse for hours.
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
    I agree that it can be very overwhelming! There is just so much to choose from, that the search feature should be more advanced.

I like Verbena Custom Blends :)
    Currently Loving:

I agree that it can be very overwhelming! There is just so much to choose from, that the search feature should be more advanced.

I like Verbena Custom Blends :)
    Thank you for catching my hint!

I appear to be Etsy challenged, however, because I typed Verbena Custom Blends in the search and got nothing. :(
    Minneapolis, MN
    Currently Loving:

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I had to quit shopping at Etsy because I was buying way too much jewelry. It's addictive!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    I had to quit shopping at Etsy because I was buying way too much jewelry. It's addictive!

I am beginning to see that the more I go on there.
    Currently Loving:

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    LOVE the earrings.

Thanks for helping out a search-challenged curly, guys! :D
    Minneapolis, MN
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I have issues with Etsy's search function also. C'mon, it's 2009...let me narrow my search a little bit. I don't like to page through 205 pages to find just the right hand-knit shawl.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I have to stay away from Etsy or I'll get into BIG trouble.

ETA: I like the purses & those solid perfumes!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,677Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I find it way too overwhelming aswell. Much as I love browsing stuff online it's just too much.
    3b in South Australia.
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fopera-curls%2F" class="Popup (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I've ordered from there several times.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I love Etsy. It's my go-to when I am looking for gifts for people. I like giving people beautiful handmade stuff and I like supporting independent artists and crafters, so it's a win-win. I try not to buy for myself because I woulds spend all my money.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    geeky wrote: »
    I love Etsy. It's my go-to when I am looking for gifts for people. I like giving people beautiful handmade stuff and I like supporting independent artists and crafters, so it's a win-win. I try not to buy for myself because I woulds spend all my money.

Do you have any sellers you use for teacher gifts?
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Like Geeky, etsy is my go-to for gifts for nearly everyone, definitely for every female in my life. I mostly buy jewelry for everyone, but I've also bought things like coasters and pottery.

I'm fixing to buy my best friend a little succulent container garden from etsy for her b-day. She just bought a house and one of her goals is to have a rock/succulent garden, so I thought this little container garden would be a cute way to reinforce that I'm on board and ready to help with the big garden when she's ready. Plus it's really pretty. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I have issues with Etsy's search function also. C'mon, it's 2009...let me narrow my search a little bit. I don't like to page through 205 pages to find just the right hand-knit shawl.

You can narrow it. I don't want to look at baby stuff, so I put -baby, -kid, etc. in the search engine.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I've never bought teacher gifts, I just always give them American Express gift cards. Generally I buy jewelry and I try to find things that will suit the recipient, so I don't use specific sellers so much as browse till something catches my eye.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    I am in the process of setting up my etsy shop:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • Katherine NaomiKatherine Naomi Posts: 49Registered Users
    I loooove Etsy. I've purchased more things there than I care to admit. :) My 4 favorite shops are...
    pdxbeanies - super cute crocheted hats
    vmjess - pretty camera straps
    bayanhippo - really affordable bags/purses from Turkey
    atouchofstardust - purses. I got my favorite Etsy purchase here.
    il_430xN.72440570.jpg
    3A, Shoulder length spirals and S curls.

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    ^That's really cute.

Mar, if you don't mind the asking, what are you going to be selling?
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    You can narrow it. I don't want to look at baby stuff, so I put -baby, -kid, etc. in the search engine.

Can I put -fuzzy unicorn horns and -boob earrings? Because there seems to be an awful lot of that kind of thing.

I love etsy and have gotten some really great things, but the range of quality and weirdness is just so wide open that shopping is time consuming and frustrating.
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I like browsing through it but you do find some wacky stuff on there sometimes.
    ex: why on earth would you name your soap my poop does not stink?
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    ^That's really cute.

Mar, if you don't mind the asking, what are you going to be selling?
    Jewelry.
    I'll let ya know when I get going:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    I love etsy! I'll have to list some of my favorite shops later. My sister in law is opening a store and my husband and I are considering opening one to make jewerly.