Biotin

Donna-epDonna-ep Registered Users Posts: 192
I started to take Biotin after reading that it helps if my hair is growing slow.

Have any of you tried Biotin? If so, did you se any results?
3b textured curly from DK.

Comments

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    I'm currently taking 5000mcg biotin, I've been taking it for the past few mos and think it has helped. :)
    my hear grows painfully slow :p
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • Donna-epDonna-ep Registered Users Posts: 192
    Im taking 2,5 mg. Is your hair still growing slow after you started taking the pills?

I've been taking them since friday so it's to early to say if it helps or not :-)

• Heather0kayHeather0kay SeattleRegistered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    Biotin does make my nails grow but it's hard to tell if it helps my hair; it seems the more my hair grows the more it shrinks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
  • xcptnlxcptnl Central MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I wish I could take biotin but both times I have tried I get breakouts on my face!!! :hmph:
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • dyeozdyeoz Registered Users Posts: 18
    keep taking your biotin.
    take the maximum allowed dose.

also, try taking something for hair skin and nails too.
    I take the Whole Foods brand of "hair skin and nails".

For the last poster and your breakouts, take zinc.
    Zinc is supposed to help with those sorts of things... I have terrible acne.

And as always, drink lots of water to stay hydrated and massage your scalp whenever you get the chance. Sounds harder than it is, I never have time to sit and do that. However, you could try to make it apart of your bedtime routine. :hello2:
    comic-p.jpg
    I do see about an inch of growth since I started taking the biotin, so I do think it's helping. It just feels longer.
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Mamacurl3 wrote: »
    I do see about an inch of growth since I started taking the biotin, so I do think it's helping. It just feels longer.
    Have you experienced that your hair on the body also has grown?

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't notice much extra hair growth when I took biotin a few years ago. However, it did give me bad cystic acne so I stopped taking the extra and just get it in my multi.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    curls2grow wrote: »
    I didn't notice much extra hair growth when I took biotin a few years ago. However, it did give me bad cystic acne so I stopped taking the extra and just get it in my multi.

Sounds like many got acne of it.I got it too, but not much.

I have been taking Biotin for a month now and I can definitely see that my hair has grown :thumbright: 1 week a had some acne breakouts in my face, but they are almost gone now.

Since it worked for me I started on my second package of Biotin.

• relaxedmess!relaxedmess! Registered Users Posts: 98
    Donna-ep wrote: »
    I started to take Biotin after reading that it helps if my hair is growing slow.

what food contains biotin?
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

really cant wait to grow them out. ♥

I haven't found that my body hair has grown any faster.
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    Here is what I could find thru Google:

liver
    yolk
    wheat bran
    oatmeal

Okay that sounds great :-)

I haven't found that my body hair has grown any faster.

• CaleilaniCaleilani Registered Users Posts: 728
    Yes,Biotin works,I took 5 mgs. since 2005 and increased my dosage to 15 mgs.last month.I'm trying to get my hair longer than what it is which is past tailbone length.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • lit26lit26 Registered Users Posts: 131

OH YES MY HAIR ON MY BODY IS GROWING!!!! PLACE TO BE LEFT TO SECRET! IT TOOK ABOT A MONTH FOR ME TO SEE MY GROWTH FROM BIOTIN
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    My hair and nails both stopped growing a couple years ago due to thyroid/hormones/age/whatever. I started taking of biotin a few months ago and it has made a big difference in my hair. It is definitely growing and has stopped falling out so much.
    There is no change in my nails. They still just sit there and if they grow at all they peel right off in layers. For the first time in my life I have to wear my nails short but I still keep them polished and am getting used to it.

I haven't had any issues with acne or increased body hair. I can't remember my dose but it's high.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TanyaskeesTanyaskees Registered Users Posts: 55
    Have any of you ever tried Formula 37? It is pricey, but if you want hair growth fast, the stuff is amazing. I found after I had surgery about 4 years ago and lost a bunch of hair. I was desperate, so I paid. All I have to say is WOW. Well worth the money. My hair grew back thick and healthy. The only negative i found is that you have to take 8 pills a day. I stopped taking it about 6 weeks ago when I started CG. Hopefully my hair will stay healthy. I love the stuff.
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Registered Users Posts: 2,607 Curl Neophyte

egg yolk, poultry, milk, fish, brocolli, spinach, and cauliflower. Biotin is also known as vitamin B7 if you'd rather take a supplement. I drink a Bolthouse Farms Blue Goodness smoothie once a day which contains 1400 mcg of biotin per 32oz bottle. Which is 480% of the daily recommended amount of biotin(4 servings per bottle).
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • sobecurlsobecurl Registered Users Posts: 313
    I also take biotin and have for the last month. My current dose is 2500mcg, but after what I've read here maybe I should up my dose by another 2500mcg.

I am also taking 2000mg of MSM since that is supposed to lengthen the growth phase of the hair. I haven't experienced any acne with the biotin, but I drink 2-3 liters of water every day so maybe that is helping.
    Over 10 years natural and still growing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file