Hair accessories that make bun hairstyles more interesting?

Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
I have been wearing my hair in buns (protective styling) EVERYDAY for the past month :shock: because I'm trying to grow it out. Are there ANY accessories you guys can think of to add some ooomph to my hairstyle? Wearing it down is not an option, i need something i can add to spruce up my buns. I already wear elastic headbands. i need something different. any ideas at all would be appreciated. :happy3:
Hair Type: 3c/4a
Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
Proud to be a curly gurl!
:toothy8:

Comments

• melissa92melissa92 Posts: 20Registered Users
    hey :) i also like to make my buns more interesting, so i either wear a headband that has those spiky things underneath so it stays in my hair, then you can kind of push it forward a bit which looks nice on my hair but you might have to experiment...
    i also look for pretty hair clips, i don't know where you could get them in america but there are loads of nice accessory shops where you can buy them in england where i live :). or, i make my own by getting a plain hair clip and tying a ribbon or something to it. of course it depends on what kind of style you like and what suits you. but, with hair clips i like to get the front part of my hair from my side part and twist it once and clip it down and then put another pretty clip in with it. it works for me and stays put all day, but just experiment with it and see what works for you.

hope that helps, good look on finding nice accessories!
    :D
    English curly :) 2c, with annoying straight ends :hmph:
    Loves to dance more than anything...

CG since june 2009.
  • Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
    yay i hav some inspiration *runs off to room to start making hair accessories*
    Hair Type: 3c/4a
    Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
    Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
    Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
    Proud to be a curly gurl!
    :toothy8:
  • melissa92melissa92 Posts: 20Registered Users
    its so much fun collecting stuff, i just find loads of ribbon and stuff lying around the house. and plus everyone always asks me where i get my hair accesories from and i'm like "i made them" (proudly haha) and they're always very impressed.
    hahaha :D
    English curly :) 2c, with annoying straight ends :hmph:
    Loves to dance more than anything...

CG since june 2009.
  • SilhouetteSilhouette Posts: 2Registered Users
    How about some cute little bow clips or even some of those tooth combs with beads and feathers stuck to them? They'd look adorable.
    You could even use some wrapping-ribbon, tie it in your hair and curl the ends to match your own curls :)

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.33405547.jpg
    3a, brunette, high density, normal porosity, medium texture.
    Sham/Con: Herbal Essence's: Totally Twisted.
    Deep Con: Schwarzkopf Liquid Silk Gloss Hair Therapy Mask.
    LeaveIn: Pantene ProV Daily Moisture Renewal
    Curl Enhancers: Pantene ProV Curl Shaper Definition Creme, Taft Curl Defining Mousse
    Anti-Frizz: Schwarzkopf Zero Frizz Frizz Free. (makes hair super shiny/soft)

:bunny:
  • kola626kola626 Posts: 117Registered Users
    You can always go to a craftstore and get lil diamonds, lil flowers or lil butterfiles things like that and use a hot glue gun to glue them on bobby pins. I did a few of them for my friends as gifts and they love them. Just be creative!!! :angel2:
    HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
    Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
    Condish: Suave Color Care
    Condish Method: HEHH
    DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
    My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
    Love head massages
  • misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Posts: 736Registered Users Curl Novice
    little fake flowers stuck throughout curly buns is so adorable/romantic looking! i use lots of kids accessories too from places like claires and what not

also redcelticcurls has pictures of buns with pretty hair decorations in her fotki maybe she will chime in
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
  • Rebecca 1995Rebecca 1995 Posts: 118Registered Users
    check out this website:
    http://www.shopbando.com/Products.aspx?cid=3

their headbands are really cute and i know that taylor swift has been seen wearing this brand of headbands.
    Hair type: 2c - 3b!! o and its thick =]]

Currently Using:
    -John Frieda Daily Nourishment leave-in conditioning spray
    -Alberto VO5 Curvaceous Curls Styling Mousse
    -Living Proof No Frizz, Wave Shaping/Curl Defining Styling Cream (thick to coarse hair)
    I HEART CURLS <3
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I like using scarves as headbands, or I try to spice up the style through cute earrings or something.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • PeaceLove&CurlsPeaceLove&Curls Posts: 7Registered Users
    I love puttin flowers with my buns...esp in the summer time! Its sooo cute. I got a pack of two flowers for $1.50 at Forever 21..I know Target has some super cute ones too...a little more pricey, but worth it.
    I get lots of compliments with my flower!
  • kellygreen49kellygreen49 Posts: 625Registered Users
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpgcurls1-1.jpg
  • Irish_carrottopIrish_carrottop Posts: 214Registered Users
    I think headbands or bobby pins with things like peacock feathers and cloth flowers are CRAZY cute. Try www.urbanoutfitters.com (under accessories)They're stuff is pretty expensive, but i'd say a few cute headbands are a good investment.
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    I love those hair chopsticks!
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • curlii Jaicurlii Jai Posts: 6Registered Users
    You could always try colorful scarfs/ headbands with cool prints to match outfits. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file