Sport friendly updo's?

bellacurl94bellacurl94 Posts: 5Registered Users
Hey everyone! What do you guys do when you have sports and need nice hair AFTER? I have gym in the morning first period (crappy I know) and my nice curls get demented and mishaped after I take it down from a ponytail! Is there anything you guys do, special buns, braids ect. that work for you? That keep your hair nice when you take it down after some running or something?:love7:

Comments

• TCHanson TCHanson Posts: 34Registered Users
    That's a hard one...the only thing I can really think of that would give you hold and not look terrible after is a basic braid. I guess you could always braid it then twist it into a bun if you didn't want it hanging down.

CG since March 2009
    Hair Type: 3a
    Low-Poo: Naked Naturals (1x a month)
    Co-wash: VO5 Tea Therapy
    Deep Conditioner: Generic Value Conditioning Balm

Styling:
    Gel-Herbal Essence Set Me Up
    Mousse- Aussie
    Occasionally-Molasses and olive oil.
  • melissa92melissa92 Posts: 20Registered Users
    hmm, its a difficult question, cos it depends what your hair is like and how long you need it up for.

my hair hardly ever gets a kink when i have it up so i guess i'm kinda lucky, but it might just be how i put it up for sport. what i do is instead of putting the elastic round the ponytail before putting it into a bun, i scrunch it into a bun and then put the elastic round the scrunched bun. it takes a bit of practice to stop the rest of your hair going bumpy or whatever, but it makes my hair nice and kink-free when i take it down. however, my hair is more wavy than curly so it may not help you.
    i hope it does though! :)
    English curly :) 2c, with annoying straight ends :hmph:
    Loves to dance more than anything...

CG since june 2009.
  • smileysmiley Posts: 57Registered Users
    I work out a lot, but at night so people don't have to see my gross after-hair :p
    But something that may work that I've done before is put it in a low ponytail, but only tie the band around your hair like, one or two times so that your hair is back and mostly out of your face. What makes it really kinky is having the band around tightly. having a scrunchie just looped through your hair in a loose low ponytail has the best hold and is softer and thicker so it doesn't leave as much kink.

if your hair is still kinky or frizzy, try spraying a gel/water mix or conditioner/water mix over the frizzies, but either smooth with hands or play with your hair with your hands. only use a comb if you're in the shower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b. coarse. low-medium porosity. kinda dry.
    co- garnier sleek and shine
    co wash-
    suave naturals almond & shea butter
    shampoo- johnson & johnson baby shampoo 1 time a week (if swimming) or 1 per month
    deep co- garnier sleek and shine left on overnight
    product- lotion w/ shea butter. he set me up gel
    SOMETHING needs to be DIFFERENT!!
  • PeaceLove&CurlsPeaceLove&Curls Posts: 7Registered Users
    Its simple! I played volleyball all my life and during practices I would always just wear a bun or two french braids...but an easy thing I do around the house to keep my hair looking nice is put it up in a clip.
    Take a claw clip...I use the smaller ones, not long, and pull your hair back loosely like youre putting it in a ponytail and twist it half way....put it up and have your curls spill out the top...the clip is really secure to so you should be fine. Gym isn't any REALLY hard workout so that should be just enough.
    Hope this works
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    Hey! I totally understand! I had two years in a row of first period gym! UGH! haha anyways what I reccomend is a very loose braid, not lose enough so it will fall out but just loose enough to keep it in. Peacelove&curls idea with the clip is a pretty good ides to but I am not sure how secure that is. Even a pony tail with a loose ponytai holder is a good idea. Hope This helps!
    :blob4:
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    Hey! I totally understand! I had two years in a row of first period gym! UGH! haha anyways what I reccomend is a very loose braid, not lose enough so it will fall out but just loose enough to keep it in. Peacelove&curls idea with the clip is a pretty good ides to but I am not sure how secure that is. Even a pony tail with a loose ponytai holder is a good idea. Hope This helps!
    :blob4:

and by the way you have beautiful hair!!!! :p
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • wmvbugwmvbug Posts: 43Registered Users
    I play golf so I've got to keep my hair up out of my way for about three hours(9 holes) and longer on tournaments (18 holes)

I usually just twist my hair up into a messy bun on the very top of my head. I honestly look ridiculous but it keeps my hair out of my face and looks fine when i take it down.
    3b hair

Started CG July 29th 2009!

:D
  • kawiGirlkawiGirl Posts: 56Registered Users
    when i want to pull my hair up for a sport or gym, i always put a little extra gel on my hair. then i get the really thin hair ties and pull it back loosely. if i have hair falling out, i just stick a couple of bobby pins(they are my fix to anything) in my hair to keep them from falling or just let it fall.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file