Wowee! Best hair ever!

Leilani42Leilani42 Posts: 200Registered Users
Okay, so I got in a shipment from CurlMart this afternoon, and I had to try it right away. I ordered No Poo, Mister Right, and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]. I was especially excited about the CK, since I've heard such amazing stuff about it.

So... washed with No Poo, One C to condition, then rinsed out. Added quarter-size dollop of One C as leave in. Squeezed out most water, but still dripping wet. Scrunched in about 1 tbsp CK, distributing evenly. Then about 1 tsp Angell, rubbed between hands then scrunched in while hanging my hair over forward. Then I LEFT IT ALONE. I've found that plopping doesn't really do much for me. Maybe it's because my hair is so short, but I wanted to try just air drying this time.

After my hair was completely dry (about 2 hours later... you ladies know what I'm talking about), I scrunched in some Set It Free to get rid of the very minimal crispiness.

AND HOLY COW!!

My hair is curlier than it normally is, the curls are BOUNCY, and shiny, and actually soft!

I think I've finally discovered my HG products!!

sorry... just had to share! :D
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...

Comments

• SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Hey Leilani! that's awesome! What a good feeling to find something that really works, hu? You'll have to report back at the end of a full day using these to see if it holds up!! Plus, I was just sitting her agonizing over whether I should bite the bullet and order CK And SIF!! I think you just sent me right over the edge!!! :shock: Guess my plan to wait until next month to order just flew out the window!! :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leilani42Leilani42 Posts: 200Registered Users
    Oops! Sorry, SpaghettiHead! I just cost you some money, huh? ;) It's worth it, tho, if you have the same results as I did.

And here's my end of the day report...

I just got off of work. Normally going to work is a death sentence for my curls. Running around, lots of flopping my hair around, and I play with it when I'm bored. So my hair normally looks like a bird's nest by the end of the day.

NOT TODAY!! I tried to not mess with it, but let's be honest - I can't help myself. I'd say I messed with it about as much as I normally do. It started to get a touch frizzy because I kept running my fingers through it, but I got my hands a little wet, and ran them through it, and BAM! Back to good as new!

I really can't express how wonderful it is for my hopes to not be disappointed by products! I didn't like Recoil or FastFood as much as the cost made me think I would. But these DevaCurl products and the CK are worth every penny!

I'm so glad I stumbled onto NC.com! It was totally random, and it's helped so much to see all you lovely people going through the same stuff with your hair! And I found the way to finally tame my hair! Bonus!
    2c/3a-M-i
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Oooh, now I'm really excited! Yes, you cost me some cash, but like you said, if it works, it's worth it! All day good hair ey? That's amazing in itself! I am wondering if you could get second day hair out of this too, since you said you just rain a little water through it, and it looked good as new.
    CK is the one product that I'm picturing in my head to be the "be all, end all" product that's just gonna rock my world. I hope I'm right!!

Glad you had a great hair day!~!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leilani42Leilani42 Posts: 200Registered Users
    To answer your question, yep on the second day hair! I've never been able to go to work without re-wetting completely or pulling my hair back.

But the Angell CK combo seems to have held up! Usually sleeping on my hair, since it's short, just destroys the curl completely. But today, I just misted with Mister Right, scrunched in SIF, and then smoothed a TINY bit of Angell over the canopy. (Probably half-a-pea sized drop). And the curls just boinged back to life!

I am LOVING this stuff!
    2c/3a-M-i

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file