Using EO's to make "medicine" for DH's scalp

GAgalGAgal Posts: 79Registered Users
Hello all - looking for someone with knowledge and experience in the EO department. Specifically jojoba oil and lavender oil. I was thinking of trying to make some sort of concoction for my DH, he has terrible trouble with his scalp...has to shave his head every so often as it gets so red & itchy...patchy spots...it is fine once the hair is gone. Sometimes this even occurs in his "goatee"

I was viewing a video on youtube last night that was describing some benefits of EO's and I thought maybe Tea Tree Oil was the best thing for him, but after view this I am thinking maybe jojoba & lavendar...can someone varify this? Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB10Mlx_zlU&feature=related

Also, what would be a good thing for me to mix them with for healing property? Or should I just have him use the straight oils?

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My mother and several friends have eczema--so I've researched it from that point. My understanding is that tea tree oil, hemp seed oil and shea butter are some of the best things to treat itchy skin.

I have issues with the nails and skin on my feet. I use a natural, handcrafted soap with Eucalyptus/Hemp/Tea Tree because of the antifungal/antimicrobial properties. I think it's improved as a result.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GAgalGAgal Posts: 79Registered Users
    Kathy - sounds like it would be worth a try. He has gone to a couple doctors regarding the issue and they did not diagnosis as eczema although it does seem very similar. Cannot remember what the diagnosis was, I am sure it could not hurt to try that soap combo -

1. Do you think it would be fine for scalp/face (my husband is not worried about being CG, lol)

2. Do you make this soap and if so is it one of the samples you have available?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
    I'll pm you.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    infusing oils with calendula works really well for eczema as well
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    Jojoba isn't an essential oil. It's usually good for skin and hair though. The other posters seem to have covered everything so I'm not going to rehash that.

If you're having itch problems, you need to be careful with EO's since they can make any kind of an allergic problem worse.

If you're going to infuse the oils, DO A PATCH TEST. Put some of the infused oil on a cotton ball and tape it to the inside of your arm for a day. Make sure that the skin isn't red or irritated in any way. The last thing you want to do is make your problem worse.
  • GAgalGAgal Posts: 79Registered Users
    Good suggestions and thanks for the info...
    Right now he is trying out a eucalyptus/hemp/tea tree soap bar that I ordered from KathyMack and it is working really well. It is the only cleansing product he has tried yet that has given relief! Thanks Kathy!
    GAgal wrote: »
    Good suggestions and thanks for the info...
    Right now he is trying out a eucalyptus/hemp/tea tree soap bar that I ordered from KathyMack and it is working really well. It is the only cleansing product he has tried yet that has given relief! Thanks Kathy!

That's great news. Thanks for letting me know.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file