big acne scab

CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
I've had these weird headless pimples on my cheek for some time, so I popped and picked at them...and now there's a really big red scabbish thing on the side of my face. Is there any way to clear it up?

jeez, I've learned my lesson about picking.
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    time
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    well if you still have the scab, you can try one of those vitamin e sticks and just keep it nice and moisturized until the scab falls off. if the scab falls off and leave a white scar, you have to apply pure coco butter- not lotion, but like the one in a stick, and apply every so ofter. my mosquito bites used to get infected and scab up and leave white dots all over my legs and arms, it was the only way to fade it. but it does take TIME. you can also try lemon rinses to fade the scar.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Get a cocoa butter stick. Queene Helene puts one out, so does CocoaCare. It's 100% pure cocoa butter. Just apply it to the scar in the morning, maybe another application later in the day as needed until it clears. Works like a charm.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    Dang I never heard of the cocoa butter stick treatment! I have one of those scabs too & I have one of those sticks. Or had. I haven't seen it for a while. I hope I didn't lose it. Thanks for this info! Off to search for the elusive bugger...

After going through all my things in the two bathrooms & my bedroom, I found it! On top the fridge hiding. :oops:
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Vitamin E also comes in oil form, which will help soften the scab and speed healing.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Cocoa butter is very comedogenic. I wouldn't use it to help heal a pimple...it would just give me more pimples.

I'd put some salicylic acid on it to help dry and exfoliate it.
  • katedoll12katedoll12 Registered Users Posts: 73
    I would not put coco butter in any form on my face I used that last summer as a lotion my arms and back broke out something horrible I am still trying to heal from that nasty attack. I say dry it out I use benzoly perxoide the oxy stuff Good Luck ,,,
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
    see, it wasn't SO bad until I started piling on the zit zappers, which I understand are just trying to dry it out. So it became inflamed and now looks kinda like a burn mark.

I was afraid of that 'time' thing...my eigth grade graduation is on friday...guess I better get some good cover-up.

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    I would use neosporin on it and would cover it with a band-aid at night to keep it moist.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    CurlyEyes wrote: »
    see, it wasn't SO bad until I started piling on the zit zappers, which I understand are just trying to dry it out. So it became inflamed and now looks kinda like a burn mark.

I was afraid of that 'time' thing...my eigth grade graduation is on friday...guess I better get some good cover-up.

Sorry...you might try Lolo's rec. I had something similar on my face this week. After I was my face and got the scab moist, I could lightly rub it off with a washcloth. The scab came off w/o irritating the area further. The skin underneath was still discolored/white, but because it was smooth it was easier to cover up.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I second the neosporin, but get the cream kind.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    I just use it on scars and scabs. It softens them right up and they slough off. This does not cause me any breakouts and I have acneic skin.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I use calendula cream on stubborn acne scabs. I get it at Whole Foods. I love the Boiron brand (they also make a calendula gel, but I find it too greasy sometimes, although I have used it on my face also). I've also used the Nelson's brand calendula cream, but it looked like Boiron was more potent (and I get better results with it, IME). Nelson's will do though, if you can't find Boiron.

As a matter of fact, I had 2 marks/scabs on my face at the beginning of this week that were verrrry slow to heal. I finally realized that [duh!] I needed to use the calendula that I had in the drawer. I apply it in the morning after my shower, then put concealer over the spot, followed by usual makeup. At night, I dab it on thick. Has really helped me.

FWIW, I use calendula cream on a lot of scrapes and cuts instead of Neosporin or Polysporin because I have concerns about my skin not healing well with overuse of Neo or Poly. My rule of thumb is that if there's no blood from the cut/wound, I use calendula (except on face; then I use calendula first). If it broke skin all the way through and drew blood, I use Neo/other triple antibiotic. I only use Polysporin as a last resort on broken skin if Neo doesn't seem to be healing it.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, but I"m starting to think it's worse than a scab...it's just getting worse when I leave it alone, so we're going to go to a dermatologist to see what to do...god this sucks...I've had like perfect skin before, and now it's all getting messed up..

Good luck...Hope it's just a scab.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• bellgazellebellgazelle Registered Users Posts: 5
    Not sure how much you want to spend as you are in eighth grade, but Estee Lauder Night Repair speeds up the healing. Check out the makeup alley reviews if you want to know more. It will not, however keep you from getting pimples. I used to use it for a scaly rash around my mouth and noticed the unexpected healing effect on scabs.
    2cFi (blond, fine and thin)
    Suave Naturals Coconut co-wash
    Currently trying: honey, AVG, homemade FSG, mayo DT

Current challenge: wanting more bright blond and less dark gel look.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]"A woman beloved by her husband becomes more radiant every year." --my husband quoting someone[/FONT]
    So all of my picking caused it to become infected. She perscribed some topical ointment and it should clear up in two to three weeks...It may or may not scar and I am to leave it completely alone...

Itches like crazy, though. I want nothing more to just claw out the side of my face, but I just don't want it to scar. thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file