I hate my curls for so many reasons.

carlyisapiratecarlyisapirate Posts: 59Registered Users
Ok so as of recent, my hair is been uncontrollably frizzy and dry, it's been like that for a few months now. Even getting a trim doesn't help. It's literally making me go crazy! I'm tired of getting up every morning with hair that looks like a rat's nest. I would be so much happier if it lasted for just 2 days. At this point, it doesn't even last 6 hours after I wash it! The ends are ringlets and the rest is just frizz. Ugh, anything I can do that will help?-

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    First off, take a deep breath.

Then, start experimenting. Go on the hair boards, and take a look at the different types of curls, and make a guess about where you fit in best. It doesn't matter if you're not right, because products meant for both curlier and less curly hair can still work on yours, regardless.

Wash with conditioner only. Use a leave-in. Try aloe vera or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Try drugstore gels and mousses. Go on the swap boards and see what's available in partially filled bottles, in order to avoid investing in something that may not work for you. And, if you do invest in something that doesn't work, sell or swap it yourself.

Buy a cheap diffuser. Try plopping and pineappling.

You can and WILL have great curls. Just give yourself a chance to learn how to care for them. And stick with us ---- we're here to help. :)

Ninja
  • PeacexPassionPeacexPassion Posts: 65Registered Users
    :[

Give it a chance, it'll work out...
    If the frizz is getting insane, it means your hair needs more moisture... Look into getting a moisturizing/Frizz fighing Condish and a good leave in Condish (I love Giovanni Direct Leave-In, it works really well for me) Also try a really great Gel with med/Strong hold or a Curl cream. Honestly, the answer is to try a bunch of STUFF.

Another thing is to go CG (if you arn't already) Shampoo's no good for our curls

HTH!
    :tongue:
    APL Stetched
    Random 3c/4a/4b mix
    BSL while curly. I'm going to get there. :afro:

"Maybe some women weren't meant to be tamed, maybe they're suppose to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with." -
    Carrie Bradshaw

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file