Newbie Transition Product Help

teliteli Registered Users Posts: 7
Hi, I am pretty new to this site and very excited I have stumbled upon it. I am transitioning from over processed hair (highlights & straightening too often) and trying to bring back my natural curls. I am a 3c naturally however my curls have morphed into the 3a/b categories, but my roots are my natural 3c. I am still researching the CG process and will more than likely begin that. But as of now, I am in need of some good products (i.e. a deep conditioner, leave-in conditioner, shampoo etc.) I can obtain at Target (or a local store). I plan to purchase some items from the curl mart; however I am eager to start my transition ASAP!! If anyone could give me some idea of what products that they enjoy/helped them, I would be greatly appreciative. TIA! :)
Modified CG
Roots 3C/ Ends 3B
Transitioning (over processed hair) since 6/06

Comments

• foxycus02foxycus02 Registered Users Posts: 918
    Umm, I like alter ego garlic conditioner and nourishing shampoo. The salerm leave in is a must and very popular. But at a local store some people favor the pantene relaxed and natural. I dont like drug store brands but you might want to give that a try.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I personally don't like drugstore products, but I would recommend Dove Moisturizing Conditioner, L'oreal Vive or Frizz Ease by John Frieda. I would also recommend gel versus mousse and an oil such as almond or grapeseed for everyday use. Just apply when your hair is wet. As a deep conditioner I usually add olive oil; this may be too heavy for your hair, so substitute grapeseed oil. I hope this helps.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • soon2bsoon2b Registered Users Posts: 220
    I personally love Aveda sap moss conditioner. It leaves ur hair moisturized and is a great detangler. When I put it on it was like the tangles just fell out :shock:
    event.png

Hair Type: small 3c patch in the center, mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at my temples
    Shampoo: Suave daily clarifying ( when I feel that need)
    Conditioners: AOHSR, MM, olive oil
    Styler/Leave-in: SheaMoisture, Fantasia IC, HNS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file