Major Dilema!!!!

GetTayGetTay Posts: 5Registered Users
Okay so i made a vow not to flat iron/straighten my hair all summer.
But recently when i washed my hair and let my hair air dry i noticed that one side was a lot curlier and shorter than the other.:banghead:
Any Advice on what i should do.?
Also any advice on how i wear my hair until it is fixed.?

Comments

• Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
    i had the exact same problem! basically what i did was a little self trimming (don't go crazy! just trim about half an inch to an inch of the longer side). And I wear my hair in buns to reduce breakage. hope this helps.:happy10:
    Hair Type: 3c/4a
    Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
    Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
    Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
    Proud to be a curly gurl!
    :toothy8:
  • Irish_carrottopIrish_carrottop Posts: 214Registered Users
    What I would do is try to lengthen the shorter side by combing out with your fingers, don't encourage curl too much, or while you hair is drying put heavy-ish clips at the end of your curls. Cutting your hair might sound like a good idea but you don't want that side to start getting curlier and end up WAY shorter that the other side.:toothy8:
  • GetTayGetTay Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks So Much Guys This Helped a Bunch
  • JessinessJessiness Posts: 64Registered Users
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. I also made a pact not to straighten this summer (after I kind of went crazy with flat-ironing for a few months in the school year =P), and I noticed that one side was curlier, shorter, and seemed to have less hair on it. I did what Irish_ carrottop suggested and put heavy, duck-bill type clips on the ends of that one side and it loosened the curl so it matched the other side's length.
    2C/3A, fine, normal-high porosity, medium texture

Low Poo
    - Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Daily Shampoo
    Co-Wash- Suave Naturals Coconut (sometimes used as a leave-in)
    Condish- LVPNG
    Leave-ins- KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, Garnier Sleek & Shine
    Gels- Aldi Shique Gel, LA Looks Sport,
    Enhancer- KCCC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file