CurlTalk

My curls need your help!

coffee~curlscoffee~curls Posts: 6Registered Users
I am new here. I have been reading and absorbing all I can. I have been poo-less for about 2 weeks now. I use Suave Lavender condish for cowash and usually as a leave in also. I have made my own FSG and had great results the first two times I tried it, but it didnt do so well the 3rd time. I added epsom salt too, but no enhanced curls. I have tried changing only one product or method at a time so I can see what is going to work or not. First my curls seemed to frizzy, then too conditioned, and now , just blah. I used an egg protein treatment, then the next day, baking soda/vinegar rinses. The soda and vinegar seemed to help enhance my curls but they are still not where I know they can be. On humid days I can get very tight ringlets, but frizz too. Now, I just get waves with a few ringlets underneath.

I guess I would like some advice on what to try as far as new products and how often to bs/vinegar rinse. Since my hair doesn't seem to dry, I don't know if I need a leave in. I have tried Samy curl serum, (i think thats the name), bioterra curl creme (not too crazy about the scent) and my FSG. I have AVG but have not used it yet. Do you use that as a gel or just add to FSG?

Sorry to ramble. I just wish my curls were happier like yours all seem to be!:-?
Co wash: V05
Wash: Natural soap bar, Giovanni 50/50, Trader Joe's Spa Shampoo
Conditioner: Tigi Moisture Maniac, LVPNG, Giovanni 50/50, AO Honeysuckle Rose
Stylers: FSG w/ mag, Samy curl revitalizing lotion, Komaza Coconut curl lotion, JCRR (not working so well), Komaza Coconut hair pudding (doesn't seem to do much)
Gel:
La bella strong hold gel, Giovanni Natural Gel, Got2be Spiked Up gel
SOTC: Komaza Coconut Hair Milk, KC gloss pomade
ISO: my HG products!

CG since 5/09

Comments

• coffee~curlscoffee~curls Posts: 6Registered Users
    Ok, today was a good hair day. I watched the video of Mysteryflavored and followed her technique with my products (not [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]) and my hair was amazing today. I think my hair does not like suave conditioner (I used Giovanni) and it has been too dry when I scrunch my product in. I cannot believe the difference today. Thanks Mysteryflavored for your awesome video!!
    Co wash: V05
    Wash: Natural soap bar, Giovanni 50/50, Trader Joe's Spa Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tigi Moisture Maniac, LVPNG, Giovanni 50/50, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    Stylers: FSG w/ mag, Samy curl revitalizing lotion, Komaza Coconut curl lotion, JCRR (not working so well), Komaza Coconut hair pudding (doesn't seem to do much)
    Gel:
    La bella strong hold gel, Giovanni Natural Gel, Got2be Spiked Up gel
    SOTC: Komaza Coconut Hair Milk, KC gloss pomade
    ISO: my HG products!

CG since 5/09
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I apply all of my products using mysteryflavored's technique--feel that it really helped. My hair also likes the more natural products. When I switched from cowash, after six months, to using natural soap bars to cleanse and that made the biggest difference for me.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]