CurlTalk

ARG! My curls keep falling!

CurlyGeorgiaPeachCurlyGeorgiaPeach Posts: 18Registered Users
I don't know what I am doing wrong! I mean, I know I have really fine hair but I use a good bit of gel and it still wont hold! Last night I did the plunking method and it worked really nice but now that its completly dry the curls have fallen....What did I do wrong? What can I do?! Sorry...I'm just a little frustrated.
CurlyGeorgiaPeach
CurlyGirl since 04/2009:love1:

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    What kind of gel are you using? I'm a Georgia girl, too, and I like either Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee or LA Looks Sports Gel for hold over whatever curl enhancing product(s) I use: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], AOMM, pink Boot's, CJAFG, etc. They're both hard-hold gels, so you'll definitely have some crunch to scrunch out, but without them I have to resort to hairspray and its alcohol. Occasionally I still do even with the gel.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users
    I agree with AuntNett. To keep my 3A curls from collapsing, I rake in a leave-in for moisture and then apply BOTH a curl enhancing cream AND a hard-hold gel for hold. My two favorite gels are BRHG and Abba firm hold.
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fmelaniesusan%2F" class="Popup pw = 3ahair
  • CurlyGeorgiaPeachCurlyGeorgiaPeach Posts: 18Registered Users
    Auntnett, you use all of those at one time or just one at a time? I like it when I can scrunch out the crunch. My hair tends to hold better. Do I use more product or just a little. Do a leave in condtioner before? Sorry, I really appreciate you girls! Auntnett understands this Georgia weather. It's hard to keep good hair when you can't even keep good weather. Just let me know and I will reply ASAP. Thank you girls soooo much!!!!:roll: I love this site! It's so good for advice!:love7:
    CurlyGeorgiaPeach
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I do the same. Rinse out conditioner, leave in, curl creme, gel mixed with harder hold gel or curl serum.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heather0kayHeather0kay Posts: 667Registered Users
    When my curls start dropping I know I need a Komaza HoneyComb treatment to perk them up and make them easier to manage. I just started the Morrocco Method and for two weeks now I have not had to worry about my curls dropping or limp hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
    I actually got the giovanni protein conditioner treatment last night and it was wonderful! My hair is so much better, and I also went with a mousse that I used to use that works really good for my hair. My hair is much better now!:thumbup: Thanks for all the help girls! I think my hair just really likes protein. YAY!! No more limp curls!:love1:
    CurlyGeorgiaPeach
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users
    I actually got the giovanni protein conditioner treatment last night and it was wonderful! My hair is so much better, and I also went with a mousse that I used to use that works really good for my hair. My hair is much better now!:thumbup: Thanks for all the help girls! I think my hair just really likes protein. YAY!! No more limp curls!:love1:

You might like the Abba firm hold gel. It has a lot of protein in it and leaves hair soft once you SOTC.
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fmelaniesusan%2F" class="Popup pw = 3ahair
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    Auntnett, you use all of those at one time or just one at a time? I like it when I can scrunch out the crunch. My hair tends to hold better. Do I use more product or just a little. Do a leave in condtioner before? Sorry, I really appreciate you girls! Auntnett understands this Georgia weather. It's hard to keep good hair when you can't even keep good weather. Just let me know and I will reply ASAP. Thank you girls soooo much!!!!:roll: I love this site! It's so good for advice!:love7:

Sorry, I overlooked your question. All of this gives me the best chance of it staying put:
    Even with all this, it's not hard or crunchy once I scrunch it out. If I use the gel alone with neither a leave-in or an enhancer under it, it can be impossible to scrunch - like a plastic helmet.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    wow, well you gotta do what you gotta do!:) I think I might try ABBA. I see it all the time at the store and it smells yummy. Thank you girls!:)
    CurlyGeorgiaPeach