need advice for hair

keeta18keeta18 Posts: 123Registered Users
I am going to new york this weekend and this will be my first time wearing my hair natural away. I will be gone for 5 days so i am not sure wat I should do about my hair because i dont wanna spend my whole vacation trying to keep the curls up. Wat should I do?
3b/c Relaxer Free since 12/04. Goal: Long healthy curls. Favs: Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Cond. and Sesame Oil

Comments

• CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    When I travel I just take a seperate bag with all of my hair products and accessories. I make sure I have my conditioner for daily rinsing, a liitle oil, a wide tooth comb, a leave in, and a styling product just in case.

ETA: I take a satin bonnet to sleep in too!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • NatakueNatakue Posts: 319Registered Users
    curlilocs is right. take a small bag with a few essentials.

what i would do is do a hairstyle that could last you a few days, like a braid-out or twist-out. the braids/twists you could wear for the first day or two, then take them out for the remaining days. you can still rinse or whatever, but you don't have to comb or brush it for the last few days. wear it out at first, then pull it back when it starts to look a little old.

also, bring a satin scarf to wrap your hair at night so that even though your curls may get smushed, you can revive them with a few sprays of water.

also ( :lol: ) new york is supposed to be quite hot, humid/rainy/misty for the next week or so, so keep that in mind when deciding on a style.

hope this helps some! :D
    a crazy 4a/3c mix
    o/s; thin; thready/cottony?
    http://public.fotki.com/natakue/
  • keeta18keeta18 Posts: 123Registered Users
    thanx, i mite twist the front a little, I like how Alicia Keys wears it
    3b/c Relaxer Free since 12/04. Goal: Long healthy curls. Favs: Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Cond. and Sesame Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file