Where are my fellow theatre fans?

CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Registered Users Posts: 6,343
It's Tony week :blob8:

To get us into the spirit, here's a clip of Cheyenne Jackson (ever hear of him? :)) singing "On Broadway" with a montage of all the various shows playing...so cheesy and cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWCO19fBKO8

Here are the nominations:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/128922-Nominations_for_2009_Tony_Awards_Announced_Billy_Elliot_Earns_15_Nominations

I am especially rooting for Billy Elliot for musical, Hair for revival of a musical, Angela Lansbury for Featured Actress in a Play, and Raul Esparza for Best Actor in a Play. (Even though I'm pretty sure he won't win...but he's fantastic.)

Anybody else following?

Comments

• CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Registered Users Posts: 6,343
    The Awards are tonight!!!!

Who is tuning in?
  • TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    Me!!! We have rehearsal tonight. I don't know what my director was thinking. Fortunately I'm not called.
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Registered Users Posts: 1,012
    and today is one of those days I stay in bed all day and cry because i'm not in the city anymore...

D, Please call me later tonight to make me feel better whenever you get back!
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    They were so good!! I was really happy for HAIR! the only thing to complain about is the Audio sucked they had so many problems.. during the opening number when Elton sang, during the HUGE group number and also when Titus Burgess sang his number from Guys and Dolls!

also did you see Bret Micheals get almost knocked out by the lowering piece of stage... OOPS!

D
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    The sound was a hot mess. Other hot messes included: Shrek (I have NO desire to see that) and Liza (in a good way)
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816
    i only watched some of it... the sound was obnoxious.

but that had to be the best opening number i've ever seen on the tonys. wow. i had goosebumps.

and i loved it when all three leads in "billy elliott" won. they were verklempt. so cute.

was liza drunk? she's insane!
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Ohhhh I forgot to mention... Did you all see Carrie Fisher? My Bro-In-Law commented

"from Leia to Jabba the Hut"

I couldn't find a picture but OMG!! She did not loook good at all!

D
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
    I had so much fun watching. I was on facebook the whole time, as where alot of the actors I knowi n Orlando. It was a staus updating, profile commenting, IM-ing fiesta!
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Registered Users Posts: 6,343
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjSwbte3G4

Neil Patrick Harris was adorable!!! What a great ending!

And I cried about 10 times during the show...

And HAIR was absolutely ELECTRIC!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file