Herbal Essence Totally Twisted

Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
I don't know who's been to Target lately, but Herbal Essence has a whole boat load of new products now. I guess they are completely reinventing themselves. And of course, being the total PJ that I am I had to try something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got the Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo and Conditioner.

The shampoo was average. It didn't detangle or feel very moisturizing so no big deal there. But the conditioner........WOW!!! It was so detangling and left my hair feeling like silk when I rinsed it out. I can't belive how good it was. I hate to say this, but it was better than Elucence. And I don't think I have ever claimed something was better than Elucence.

Both products smell like Grape Coolade which I personally could live without, but overall I'm very very very impressed.

After I rinsed the conditioner out, I applied the None of Your Frizziness Smoothing Leave-In Cream. Now I have never tried to tame frizz in my hair as you can see from my pics, but I was curious to see how my hair would look without it so I thought why not?

This stuff smells sooooooooo good. I love the smell and it felt really soft going in. I raked in a little over a quarter size amount for each section of hair (4 sections) and now my wet hair is in my microfiber towel turban.

I'll let everyone know tomorrow how it worked out but I would definately reccommend the conditioner.
Short 4A Hair.

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    This sounds great Gabby. I'm definitely always looking for a new conditioner. I know you don't really follow CG, does it have any water insoluble silicones?

And remember to post pics :wink: I'm curious about the before and after looks :)
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    Thanks for the review. I have seen this line in Target but not tried it yet - too many products at home right now.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
    Jeamaria Wrote:
    This sounds great Gabby. I'm definitely always looking for a new conditioner. I know you don't really follow CG, does it have any water insoluble silicones?

And remember to post pics I'm curious about the before and after looks

No, I don't follow CG anymore and when I did, I just stayed away from all cones because I didn't really understand anything about cones then. Now that I shampoo, I haven't bothered to learn anything about cones :oops: But here are the ingredients in the conditioner:

Water, stearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane (I think this one is water insoluable), cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, dimethicone, lavender flower/stem extract, jade plant extract, fragrance, glutamic acid, benzyl alcohol, edta, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylsothiazolinone, citic acid, ext violet 2.

HTH.
    Short 4A Hair.
    Ok, so my hair is completely dry with the leave-in cream and I like the results. My hair is sofy, shiny and frizzless for the most part. The clumping factor is excellent!

It's not really enough moisture for me to use alone everyday, so i think I will prefer it as a styling product over another moisturizing leave in that I have.
    Short 4A Hair.
  • ILuvCurlzILuvCurlz Posts: 169Registered Users
    I have the poo and conditioner. I agree that the shampoo is average, while the conditioner is great. I also tried the moisture version of the poo, and it was a little better than the curly shampoo. I am curious about the moisture conditioner. I was iffy about the curly line of this stuff because the purple bottles didnt really emphasis "moisture" on them, but rather "manageability" for curls.
    "Eventually I knew what my hair wanted. It wanted to be itself. To be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was."
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
  • starrynightabhstarrynightabh Posts: 83Registered Users
    wow, ok! you've answered my question. i was looking at the new herbal essence line forever, but i don't want just anything. currently i'm using suave healthy curls conditioner. its ok too! although it smells like a man.
    3b/3c/4a african-asian mix. Using: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Suave coconut condish, Aveda Sap Moss products, fantasia IC gel, some phyto products.
    :lol: Funny you say that about that Suave line because I had it in my hands to buy it and took whiff of it on the way to the register. I sat it right back down! I thought the same thing, that it had a strong MAN scent to it!!!
    "Eventually I knew what my hair wanted. It wanted to be itself. To be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was."
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    ILuvCurlz wrote:
    :lol: Funny you say that about that Suave line because I had it in my hands to buy it and took whiff of it on the way to the register. I sat it right back down! I thought the same thing, that it had a strong MAN scent to it!!!

Awww, I like the scent of the Healthy Curls! :oops:
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    Curlilocs wrote:
    ILuvCurlz wrote:

Awww, I like the scent of the Healthy Curls! :oops:

LOL!!!! :lol: I'm sorry Curlilocs! :oops: Maybe I picked up a bad bottle :wink:
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
    I just tried the Conditioner for Frizzy hair in the red bottle because I was wondering how well it would suit curly hair.......GREAT STUFF!!!!!!

Im going to purchase the shampoo in the frizz formula to see how good it is since I didnt like the Moisture (light blue bottle) or the Curly (purple) too well.
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
    aww you guys! now i have to try it :) the man smell is too much. maybe its just my sensitive nose though
    3b/3c/4a african-asian mix. Using: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Suave coconut condish, Aveda Sap Moss products, fantasia IC gel, some phyto products.
    Yesterday I got the Frizz Shampoo (orange bottle) and the Frizz leave in to go along with the Frizz conditioner. The shampoo was good. A little better than average I'd say, but not more moisturizing than my Infusium 23 Poo for Frizzy hair. Now the leave in was AWESOME! I loved it. Its a creamy consistency, like lotion and smells INCREDIBLE. My hair still smells so good. I got great frizz-free, moisturized, defined curls by using it alone with no other products. Curls are holding well, even though I slept on them last night. 3 thumbs up for the reg. conditioner and leave in, in the Frizz line. I also bought the gel in the Curly line (purple), but I havent used it yet because I wanted to see how well the leave in worked by using it alone. I will post how the gel does after I try it.
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
    The leave-in is good. The only thing is it didn't give me hold all day. By the end of the day i started frizzing again. The smell is incredible!
    Short 4A Hair.
  • HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
    Aw damnnit guys! All you do is make me spend money. lol. So can you buy this stuff only at Target or does Walmart carry it too?
    Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in
    http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn
  • Dijah_xoxoDijah_xoxo Posts: 131Registered Users
    i wanted to try this soo bad, but my mom says I have to many hair products...darn.

But I did get samples for the one in the Blue bottle. It smells really good but I haven't tried it yet. I ordered samples of the totally twisted last week.

I'm happy it worked for your hair!
    I finally tried this line, the hello moisture one (in the sky blue bottle, conditioner). It smells wonderful! Orchad and coconut milk. And it left my hair really soft with less frizz. Plus my hair smelled of the tropics all day, it wasn't too overpowering. I'm not sure if its CG friendly, but i like it. I'm usually really picky with stuff I like. :)
  • atlantisrisingatlantisrising Posts: 263Registered Users
    I saw this line but didn't bother with it. If it's as good as Elucence, I'll give it a try! :D
  • Dijah_xoxoDijah_xoxo Posts: 131Registered Users
    i tried the Hello Hydration conditioner a couple of minutes ago...at first is was good because my curls looked pretty but now my hair is a puff....I'll try again one day...
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I finally tried this line, the hello moisture one (in the sky blue bottle, conditioner). It smells wonderful! Orchad and coconut milk. And it left my hair really soft with less frizz. Plus my hair smelled of the tropics all day, it wasn't too overpowering. I'm not sure if its CG friendly, but i like it. I'm usually really picky with stuff I like. :)

great review :D I can't wait to try it!
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    I requested a free sample from the Herbal Essences website a few weeks ago and got the trial size bottles of Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner plus a $1 coupon in the mail yesterday.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • pizazzpizazz Posts: 239Registered Users
    I tried the Hello Hydration shampoo and condish. this morning(my hair's not dry yet) THe shampoo seemed to get my hair and scalp real clean. I was looking out for any noticebale changes I didn't like being that I haven't used cones in months. But so far my hair still feels just as great was alot softer and I think that I have a lot less shrinkage and no frizz where there's usually frizz. Did I meniton how lovely my big hair smells? I think I don't mind cones anymore, especially since I shampoo 2x/week now. Thanks for the recs!!!
    mostly4a/3c/frizz
    http://public.fotki.com/pizazz/
    pw:buttercup
    Yeah, the hello hydration smells awesome! And so far, it leave my hair soft. I don't use the shampoo mainly cause sulfates wreck my hair. But the condish is a keeper :) I Can't wait to try the curl and frizz collections.
    You enablers! Lol! JK...

I got the None of Your Frizzness condish, the Breaks Over condish and the Hello Hydration 2 in 1 poo and the seperate condish. I think I will try it in the morning, maybe tonight if I get antsy. They all smell really good, though.

I finally got a decent camera so I will be able to take clear pics now.
    Atlanta, your hair is so pretty! Are you a product junkie? Cause your hair already looks good! (I'm a product junkie, get lots of stuff)
    Atlanta, your hair is so pretty! Are you a product junkie? Cause your hair already looks good! (I'm a product junkie, get lots of stuff)

Aww, thanks! I am a PJ, I just can't resist, lol. I hope this stuff does work as well as Elucence, it would save me a bundle.
    Wow!!! I tried the Hello Hydration, was very skeptical about it doing anything for my hair, as my hair is very funny. When I lathered my hair up, my fingers literally glided right through and I said, "Whoa!" aloud, lol!! After I rinsed that, my hair felt clean but not squeaky, which is a good thing for me. Then I did the Hello Hydration condish and detangled with my denman, although there wasn't much to detangle. I rinsed and my hair felt really nice.

I was going to do my modified shingle thing but I really didn't feel like it so I just raked through some Elucence and Curling custard and pulled it back in a puff.

I think I found a replacement for the Elucence, thanks Gabby!!
  • CurlyCinCurlyCin Posts: 27Registered Users
    Dijah_xoxo wrote:

But I did get samples for the one in the Blue bottle. It smells really good but I haven't tried it yet. I ordered samples of the totally twisted last week.

How do you order samples? I looked all over their website & I can't find anything that says you can order samples.
    Naturally 3b, boticelli curls, fine hair, bra strap length
  • NatakueNatakue Posts: 319Registered Users
    so has anyone tried the gels from this line? i read a few reviews in other forums, but i was wondering how it worked specifically on 3c or 4a hair.
    a crazy 4a/3c mix
    o/s; thin; thready/cottony?
    http://public.fotki.com/natakue/
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought the curl defining gel a few weeks ago and used it once...never again. It's not horrible, but it's not impressive either. I'll stick to my fantasia :)

It was almost like a liquid gel...the hold was crunchy in some places and non-existent in others.

hth
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Posts: 371Registered Users
    Dijah_xoxo wrote:
    i tried the Hello Hydration conditioner a couple of minutes ago...at first is was good because my curls looked pretty but now my hair is a puff....I'll try again one day...

yea i tried totally twisted, same result
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

http://public.fotki.com/cocoalily/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file