Fighting temptation

ThkchkThkchk Posts: 203Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I failed. I hereby declare that hair products will speak to me if I get too close to them in a store, watch them on television or see them on a website. Particularly those that I have not tried. I do not "need" them but have the urge to see what they will do.

Friday I picked up a travel set of Naturelle Hemp hydrating shampoo, conditioner and gel. Pure & Basic moisturizing conditioner with cranberry extract, jojoba oil and aloe vera.

Sunday I went back to pick up Urban Therapy's twisted sister De-frizz conditioner. Somebody had snagged the straightening balm (no I haven't been straightening my hair but just in case--LOL)

Saturday I debated over trying:
Wen

Hiku Zenmind Nutrient-Rich Hair Care Set.

Altieri Brothers TUSCAN OIL Bella Testa Beautiful Hair Masque

In the past month I ordered and never received

Bentley Organic Aloe Vera and Chamomile with Olive Oil and Sunflower Oils

ALBA BOTANICA Hawaiian Hair Conditioner Cocoa Butter Dry-Repair

Nexxus Cystine Treatment

Nexxus Biotin Creme

Paul Mitchell Moisture Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Care Tea Tree Hair And Scalp Treatment

As Susan Powter would say "Stop the insanity"

:stop::blob8:

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LMAO

I made a conscious decision to not by any products at all whatsoever, unless I absolutely needed it. I wanted so badly to buy something online Friday when I got paid, but nope I'm not going to do it. there are bills to pay, I haven't even decorated my new apartment, and I need to send my DD to camp this summer $$$$

I hear ya girl. The temptation is hard. I almost bought a hair steamer today. Trust me my friend had to drag me away LOL
    :protest:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• ThkchkThkchk Posts: 203Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    At least you had someone with you Maria. I generally shop alone so I walk around with stuff and most of the time I come to my senses and go put it back. The last purchases may have been strictly a reaction to the smell. That Pure & Basic moisturizing conditioner is intoxicating to me. The Urban Therapy de-frizz is just a happy smell and the hemp well what can I say LOL LOL
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Who needs a hair aisle? I buy most of my stuff on-line. My computer is a hair aisle.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • FJervisFJervis Posts: 99Registered Users
    i find that shopping online is a greater deterrent. Although I am a PJ i do A LOT of research before I purchase things. so when i am shopping online, i am more likely to look up reviews, whereas if I am in the store i throw it in my cart and figure i will do my own review once i get it home :toothy10:
  • TotallyTwistedTotallyTwisted Posts: 284Registered Users
    mariag002 wrote: »
    LMAO

I made a conscious decision to not by any products at all whatsoever, unless I absolutely needed it. I wanted so badly to buy something online Friday when I got paid, but nope I'm not going to do it. there are bills to pay, I haven't even decorated my new apartment, and I need to send my DD to camp this summer $$$$

I hear ya girl. The temptation is hard. I almost bought a hair steamer today. Trust me my friend had to drag me away LOL
    :protest:

I read on a fotki or a board that you can microwave a damp towel, wrap your head with it, cover that with a cap and sit under a dryer and it will steam like a steamer. That I'd let you know so that you can steam without having to actually buy the hair steamer.
    In the process of emptying my cabinets.

Conditioners that work FOUND
    Poo that works FOUND
    Currently trying to formulate the perfect styling pudding. Once that happens all other things left over will be thrown out, given away. From then on I'm only buying to RESTOCK. :happy2:
    Ultimate hair goal: soft, healthy APL unstretched
    "Don't remove the kinks from your hair, remove them from your brain." -Marcus Garvey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file