good conditioner

keeta18keeta18 Posts: 123Registered Users
I just brought AAshea Professional Moist Conditioner and I love it. My curls were really shiny and moisturized. Just thought I would share that.
3b/c Relaxer Free since 12/04. Goal: Long healthy curls. Favs: Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Cond. and Sesame Oil

Comments

• Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
    Thanks Keeta18. Everybody here is always on the hunt for a good conditioner :D How much was it?
    Short 4A Hair.
  • keeta18keeta18 Posts: 123Registered Users
    unfortunately it was 5.99 but i guess its worth it.
    3b/c Relaxer Free since 12/04. Goal: Long healthy curls. Favs: Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Cond. and Sesame Oil
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    $5.99 is not bad at all :) Do you know if it has any silicones or proteins? TIA
    yes, it has keratin protein but no silicones. Are proteins bad fro curly hair?
  • Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
    5.99 is cheap Keeta! At least to me :D Where did you get it from?
    Short 4A Hair.
    I live in Baltimore and I brought it from a local beauty store. But, the product is manafactured by Ashea hair care in Lutherville, Md and on the bottle the website is www.ashea.com. However, we all know that what works fro one may not work fro all, so I am not sure if anyone else will see the same results I have, but it doesnt hurt to try.
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    proteins are supposed to boost the strength and elasticity of your strands.

Overuse can cause the protein to build up on your strands, making them rough and brittle.

For most people, it is about finding a balance, say, using a protein treatment once a week or once a month, and always following with a moisturizing conditioner.

It also depends on the concentration of protein in the product, but this can sometimes be hard to work out, as it is usually towards the end of the ingredients list, even in some of the more concentrated products.

Some people, are "protein sensitive" and their hair can't take the slightest dose of protein in hair products, no matter how infrequently they apply it.
  • starrynightabhstarrynightabh Posts: 83Registered Users
    i live in baltimore, what store did you get it from? i am such a product junkie!! :P
    3b/3c/4a african-asian mix. Using: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Suave coconut condish, Aveda Sap Moss products, fantasia IC gel, some phyto products.
    jeamaria wrote:
    proteins are supposed to boost the strength and elasticity of your strands.

Overuse can cause the protein to build up on your strands, making them rough and brittle.

For most people, it is about finding a balance, say, using a protein treatment once a week or once a month, and always following with a moisturizing conditioner.

It also depends on the concentration of protein in the product, but this can sometimes be hard to work out, as it is usually towards the end of the ingredients list, even in some of the more concentrated products.

Some people, are "protein sensitive" and their hair can't take the slightest dose of protein in hair products, no matter how infrequently they apply it.
    Wow, I never knew that. I use alot of proteins in my hair, so maybe proteins dod not affect my hair.
    i live in baltimore, what store did you get it from? i am such a product junkie!! :P

Thats so good to know, is there a salon that you go to in baltimore, I am in desperate need to find a reasonable one. I got the product from this beauty store on northern parkway and McClean boulevard. I have to get the name for you. But, this brand is sold everywhere in Baltimore

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file