haircut - updated pics

elitaelita Posts: 402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Well it's time for my 2nd curly cut. I can't believe it's been over 3 months already and the change in my hair in unbelievable!!

I'm going on Wednesday and I scheduled highlights also. I've had highlights before but I covered them up last year before my pregnancy. I thought I was matching my roots but the color turned out to be too light. My stylist told my that highlights can enhance the look of the curl but I also don't want to dry out my hair, because I think that my colored ends are a little straighter than the rest of my hair. I've been thinking about going a little shorter (probably a bob), but I'm not sure if my color is grown out enough to just cut that part off or if I have enough curl to do so.

New pics are in my fotki. What do y'all think? Should I cut off my color and go about chin length or should I continue with the highlights and just get a trim or go about shoulder length?

TIA!! :colors:
2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
mod-CG since Feb 2009
HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
Other Favorites:
all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:

Comments

• thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    Well, I have to say I love your cut now so you could just do the trim. But I also definitely think you could pull off a bob. I say go with the bob :)
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I say you go 1 - 1/2 inches shorter, get some layers (lots of them) and maybe have your hair in the back slightly shorter than the front.
    Can't wait to see what you decide to do.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I say you go 1 - 1/2 inches shorter, get some layers (lots of them) and maybe have your hair in the back slightly shorter than the front.
    Can't wait to see what you decide to do.
    All of this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. As for the highlights I love coloring and I say go for it! I'm rewarding myself with highlights when I finish my 6 month no cut challenge. Go check out Struttswife's site on how to care for your hair before and after coloring. Can't wait to see it :toothy8:
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• BackliteyesBackliteyes Posts: 91Registered Users
    Go with highlights if you find your natural hair color a little boring. I also agree with others about the shorter cut, I think it would look great.

Your pictures also really make me want to try [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], I crave the clumping action. Now I'm sad I was too lazy today to drive across town today to get some.
    2bMii, normal porosity
    CG since 5/8
    :love2: Growing to natural color since 6/13
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, Giovanni TTTT
    Co/LI: LVPNG, Jessicurl Too Shea, Giovanni DLI, Honey
    Style: KCCC, Jessicurl RR/CC, BRHG, Crew Pomade, Jessicurl AIS
  • elitaelita Posts: 402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about this cut because my hair has come so far since my first one in March.

And I get some me time for a couple hours!!! :toothy10:

I think I will go shorter and go with the hightlights. I still haven't decided how much shorter. I usually decide when I get there based on the stylist's recommendation.

I'll definitely post pics afterwards!! :icon_smile:
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
    I just wanted to share: I don't have product in my hair today in preparation for my appointment later. Wow, my hair is so soft and silky. CG was definitely the best thing I've done for my hair!!! :D

I'll update later! :blob7:
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
    Good luck! can't wait to see it!
    As promised, pics are up on my fotki. She cut a lot of layers all around and evened up the color. The right side is not curling as much as the left, but I've always had that problem. Overall I'm very pleased!! :toothy9:
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
  • BackliteyesBackliteyes Posts: 91Registered Users
    I think it looks great, some weight being taken off clearly made the wave wavier. :)
    2bMii, normal porosity
    CG since 5/8
    :love2: Growing to natural color since 6/13
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals
    Poo: Jessicurl HCC, Giovanni TTTT
    Co/LI: LVPNG, Jessicurl Too Shea, Giovanni DLI, Honey
    Style: KCCC, Jessicurl RR/CC, BRHG, Crew Pomade, Jessicurl AIS
    It's gorgeous and so shiny!!!
  • thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    I'm loving all the layers...looks really nice :)
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The layers around your face are perfect. Yay I love curly cuts :blob8:
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Thanks everyone! I'm loving it also. The layers are really helping. My hair just gets so heavy and I think when it's longer the water pulls out the curl. I was able to use a lot less product yesterday and had great hair most of the day even though I was in and out of the rain all day. :blob8:
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file