Help for 2nd day hair!!!!!!!!

Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Help, my hair is always beautiful, bouncy and soft on day 1 of shampoo and conditioning. Then on day 2 it's hard. I spray on shine softener and it becomes hard and greasy. Any suggestions for keeping nice curls on day 2?
Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
PW: curlz

Comments

• spiderdustspiderdust Posts: 8Registered Users
    I don't use shampoo, but this suggestion may still help you.

I have a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of lavender essential oil (sometimes I'll also add a couple of drops of rosemary oil). I'll spritz this on my hair to refresh it on days that I don't wash it.
  • AlexaAlexa Posts: 208Registered Users
    I spritz my hair wih a mix of water and conditioner, I usually get pretty good 2nd day hair doing this, it seems to refresh the original products.

Also while on holiday I tried sleeping with my hair in a pineapple (cos it was so hot) and this gave me pretty good 2nd day hair too.
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    Golden brown (coloured to cover grey).
    Low poo: Dr Organic, L'Oreal Everpure.
    Conditioner: Dr Organic Argan Oil.
    Leave In: Aussie, Curl Harmony.
    Gel: Curl Keeper Original, Umberto Gianni.
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks a lot. I always just spray the next day but never add anything to the water.
    Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
  • curlymelcurlymel Posts: 359Registered Users
    If you are not against hairspray, I will spray a little hairspray in before bed and then wear a satin sleeping cap. I can get decent 2nd and 3rd day hair doing this.
    Type 3a/3b, fine/medium hair, modified CG since 12/2003, Using CHS Curl Keeper, Bioterra gel, Ojon, Elucence
    http://public.fotki.com/curlymel/ Password: curls
  • grinsgrins Posts: 12Registered Users
    I've had good luck spraying with water&conditioner mix, and adding a bit of Angell or recoil.
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi,

I tried water/conditioner mix and it definitely showed improvement. Thanks all for the help. :lol:
  • spiderdustspiderdust Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'm glad it worked!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file