I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sem0327sem0327 Posts: 4Registered Users
Hello everybody, I am in desperate need of a salon that knows how to cut my hair. I have a mix of 3c and 4a and many of the salons I have been to are just interested in how the cut looks once it has been pressed or blow-dried. I rarely straighten my hair because 1. I work out a lot and it turns into a poof once I’m done with my workout and 2. I got my hair pressed about 6 months ago, and even though it looked gorgeous, when I washed my hair, not only did I have more frizziness, some of my hair broke off in the front because of all the heat the stylist used (she blow-dried my hair, then I sat under a dryer, then she used a hot comb, and then used a pressing iron-the one out of the stove, not the flat iron). I got my hair cut in layers at the CURVE Salon about two years ago and the layers are still in but it looks so weird now and I refuse to go that salon again because they now charge over $250 for a cut and quite frankly I am a college student and that isn't in my budget right now. I live in New York and am open to any salon in the 5 boroughs as well as any on Long Island, or in Jersey. I am looking for very nice layers that will look great when why hair is curly because I can't even wear my hair out (cause it looks so bad) and it has to be in a ponytail all the time. I am also looking for a salon (it doesn't have to be the same one) that can do highlights. I got my hair highlighted about a year ago and I have about 3 inches of new growth and need a new color. It seems I have bad luck when it comes to salons because when I got my hair colored, it was so bright. I have extremely dark brown hair that it looks black, and the highlights were a sickingly bright orangey blond. It was so bad that I had to go to another salon and put a rinse over it to make the color look decent. So it has been a year and the color has toned down to a nicer mix of blond and brown, but I am looking for more color cause it looks dull and boring now. I know this is a lot of information but I would really appreciate any input you have in terms of any salons or advice for when I do go to a salon. I am willing to pay more for the color but I am on a students' budget and can't afford crazy prices, for example I called a salon in Manhattan and inquired about the prices for highlights and they said about 400 just for the color! Thanks and please remember that any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Velvetmug22Velvetmug22 Posts: 409Registered Users
    What about Lorraine Massey's place? Are they high too?
    Short 4A Hair.
  • curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    GabbyC wrote:
    What about Lorraine Massey's place? Are they high too?

Yeah, that may work for you. ^^ It's called Devachan. Its address is 560 Broadway. Maybe you could check that out. A lot of curlies go there and love the cuts.
    3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file