Finally! New hair cocktail for my summer hair

cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
So, after coming to an understanding that my winter hair products don't like the summer, I stumbled on a great combo and wanted to share.

NECL (which I got off the swapboard), a teeny little bit of drugstore gel (Tresemme Bouncy Curls Defining Gel, $2.99) scrunched into ends, and a teeny little bit of Pantene Smoothing Creme ($2.99) smoothed on to canopy when dry. I add a little water to the gel and the smoothing creme to help it distribute a bit easier.

Every day this week I have had great hair, and we have had ALL types of weather, hot and humid, rainy and hot, and cool and clear.

Hair is definitely back to 3a (from 2b/2c earlier), defined, clumpy, soft, not producty, not frizzy.

For anti-cone people, the Tresemme gel has dimethicone and the Smoothing Cream has cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone. For cone people, neither of these are building up b/c I use so little and use Low Poo or a little SLS poo when needed (every few days, less with the SLS).

Ok, just thought I'd share :D
2c/3a
Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Good for you! For summer I like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] under Making Waves. I have tried the Tresemme Root lifter and it is OK, but am still looking for the HG of volume!
  • cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
    CK did nothing for me, but I am interested in the Making Waves (it is a little pricey). I saw some the other week, but I was still shunning the cyclo-cones. With weather like this, I don't care about cones anymore. Cyclo, non-cyclo, pegs, dimeths, all keep my hair from looking like a frizz puff.
    2c/3a
    Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    Sorry, the "Guest" was me.... I only use the Making Waves Gel, which doesn't have any -cones; it does have wheat protein, but it is almost last on the list of ingredients. I found, though, that I do need a shampoo in the summer. I found a volumizing one from J/A/S/O/N that has no sulfates! It works wonders on my limp summer hair.
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
    Ah yes, the wheat protein in Making Waves is what turned me off at the store. Thanks for reminding me. Well, I changed my routine entirely (that was bound to happen, eh?). Now I use a little poo on the roots, HE Twisted Conditioner (smells yummy, cone-city), and leave a bunch in. Then SIF ( alittle on canopy), little NECL, and little Curls Up Defrizzant Curl Reactivator gel. Who knows. Looked good the other day. I like leaving in the conditioner. Who knew???
    2c/3a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file