Dry hair by the afternoon

pinkapaloozapinkapalooza Posts: 54Registered Users
OK. So my hair looked so nice and healthy and shiny this morning, and on top of that felt really soft. This afternoon it feels straw-like. I co-wash with Suave Naturals Orchid Petal and can use that as a leave-in. I also sometimes use GVP conditioning balm but not too much of a fan because it really weighs my hair down and makes it feel greasy. Last night I was reading up on a coconut oil DT and decided to try it out. I directly applied the coconut oil to my dry hair and combed it through my hair with my fingers, concentrating on my ends and driest spots and left that in overnight. I woke up this morning and co-washed, then did an ACV rinse (which my hair LOVES) to make sure all of the oil was out because my hair can get really greasy. After the ACV rinse I added more of the Suave back to my hair to rid my hair of the ACV smell. My hair was so pretty this morning, but over the day it slowly dried out and it's still shiny but more straw like feeling (not as bad as normal though). Is there something I shouldn't or should be doing to help this problem? My hair was never this bad even when I was using sulfate poos and straightening it every day.
Medium/Coarse, Thick, Medium Porosity, 3B Hair
Wash: Suave Daily Clarifying- once a month
Co-wash: Vo5 Vanilla Mint Tea
Rinse out: 50:50 co-wash & Honey
Leave-in: Vo5
Gel: LaBella Level 10 hold

ACV rinses weekly
Pixie curling & air drying

Like to play with new products!

Comments

• InfraredheadInfraredhead Posts: 335Registered Users
    What products are you using as stylers? I ask because I have had the same situation with certain gels. My hair starts out soft and by the end of the day it isn't feeling that great. The one gel that come to mind that does this to me is Herbal Essences Set Me Up. I like the hold but my hair doesn't feel so wonderful by the end of the day. I have to use more leave in conditioner with those types of gels
    Mod CG since April of 2007.
  • pinkapaloozapinkapalooza Posts: 54Registered Users
    Today I used Garnier Fructis curl mousse and Dippity Do gel level 9 hold. Dippity Do gel is alcohol free which I use for that reason. I just tried using K-Pak, which, so far, so good, because it looks as if I will have chunky curls which I have been trying to achieve. I plopped and diffused to get a little of the excess water out and now I'm just letting it air dry. Do you know of anything I can use to maybe spritz on it to keep it hydrated throughout the day?
    Medium/Coarse, Thick, Medium Porosity, 3B Hair
    Wash: Suave Daily Clarifying- once a month
    Co-wash: Vo5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: 50:50 co-wash & Honey
    Leave-in: Vo5
    Gel: LaBella Level 10 hold

ACV rinses weekly
    Pixie curling & air drying

Like to play with new products!

• InfraredheadInfraredhead Posts: 335Registered Users
    My favorite is SheaMoisture leave in if I want my hair to feel soft all day. I have to order over the net which is a bummer.

I am not familiar with either of those hair products so I am not sure of the ingredients. I have used K-Pak in the past but stopped because the a cone in it created build up in my hair. You could always use some of your conditioner on hand as a start.
    Mod CG since April of 2007.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file