never been skinny

shawnamarie86shawnamarie86 Posts: 3Registered Users
... I was a fat baby and have always been on the chubby side. I dont really think its my eating habits because i eat pretty well. No fast food, hardly any sweets. I also eat pretty good portion sizes. I have been running off and on for at least 8 years now and go to the gym on a regular basis. I drink tons of water and am pretty healthy and fit. The problem is that i never lose weight. I will lose five pounds here and there then just go back to my chubby self. I am 5'3 and between 140-145 pounds. I just find it impossible to be the 130 that i wanna be. With in the lst year i have lost 15 pounds... and ive hit a plateau.
IS there anyone else out there who has never been skinny?... any ideas other than starving myself?

Comments

• superflycurlsuperflycurl Posts: 23Registered Users
    You should get your thyroid checked out. You might be Hypothyroid.
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    I'm 5'4 and I'd love to be 125. The one and only time I got down to that weight was in my 30's and I was going through a really difficult time. Although I loved how I looked bodywise I barely had enought energy to do anything. I felt like I was going to die.

I have since gained back weight over the years. When I workout I lose the lbs and when I don't they come back rather quickly. But in no way will I ever be back down to even 130 lbs, my metabolism/body just isn't setup that way.
    I don't eat a lot of junk food either.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • shawnamarie86shawnamarie86 Posts: 3Registered Users
    i just think that it will be impossible for me to get down to the weigh ttha ti want to because i have never been thin.... and its not because i live and unhealthy lifesstyle. Im only really 5 pounds ove rmy recommended weight.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    You could try seeing a nutritionist and a personal trainer. Particularly with a nutritionist it's possible that what you think is "healthy eating" really has some major drawbacks.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • smallpeassmallpeas Posts: 162Registered Users
    i just think that it will be impossible for me to get down to the weigh ttha ti want to because i have never been thin.... and its not because i live and unhealthy lifesstyle. Im only really 5 pounds ove rmy recommended weight.
    Perhaps you aren't meant to weigh 130. Ask yourself what is so magical about that number. Do you think you will be happier at 130 instead of 140? Do you think you will feel overworked, overdieted, and like you're constantly struggling to maintain yourself at 130? If so, is it worth it?

Maybe you should set different goals. Instead of worrying about your weight, worry about your cardiovascular fitness or your body fat percentage or a general sense of well-being. Change your diet (if you haven't already) to promote health. Focus on feeling better and more energetic.

• ZilZam1914ZilZam1914 Posts: 14Registered Users
    You might want to try and incorporate weight training. If you build muscle, it burns more calories than fat during resting periods. Weight training also helps prevent osteoporosis. I started doing more weight training, especially with my arms. Since I am an avid runner, my legs are pretty strong, but I wanted to build my upper body too. Lifting and push ups have definitly helped me a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file