GrOw OuT ChAlLeNgE sUmMeR o9!!

Comments

• relaxedmess!relaxedmess! Posts: 98Registered Users
    oooh.. i wanna join too! :D only thing is my hair is a little short to do protective style etc - I'm growing out a buzz cut it's about 3-4cm long atm, can I still join??
    ok since your hair is to short to bun i wld suggest braid extendions or if you dont like that just make sure to take good care of you hair :)

p.s your in!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

really cant wait to grow them out. ♥
    ladycat wrote: »
    Count me in, my hair is really short and I miss having long hair so I'm willing to do (almost) anything if it will get me longer, healthier hair :toothy10:.
    ok your in :)
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

• Quiana252Quiana252 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Yes! Count me in. This is good for me. I'm starting college in august and i def do not want to roll up looking a hot mess lol. I'll be sure to post my results on my fotki.
    My Fotki
    3c/4a
    co wash: HE Hello Hydration and Motions
    shampoo:no more poos for me!!!
    products:KKKC, KKNT, GF Fiber Gum Putty, Africa best herbal oil, GF leave in conditioner, softee shea butter
    last relaxer:10/2008
    BC:3/5/2009
    Quiana252 wrote: »
    Yes! Count me in. This is good for me. I'm starting college in august and i def do not want to roll up looking a hot mess lol. I'll be sure to post my results on my fotki.

Ok ur in :)
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

• JustKitty6JustKitty6 Posts: 32Registered Users
    I wanna join. Except I don;t really have time to exercise with work and school. But i walk alotttttttttttttt! Is that cool?
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    pasting over from the transitioning forum. I'm not transitioning so I thought my post was more fitting here.
    ok, count me in.
    here will be my before pix, they were almost June 09
    May09Pictures034.jpg
    May09Pictures035.jpg
    CURRENT LENGTH: about 2 in above bsl pulled, length Curly (front is just below collar bone, back just below shoulders)
    GOAL for 2010: bsl when pulled (my hair grows painfully slow, so about 2-3in by next year) and to be about 2in above bsl when curly (about where it is pulled now).
    I get a trim and little shaping every 13-14 weeks, hoping to stretch it out to 16 weeks and get a cut only every 4mos. For this year, not sure how well my hair will hold up yet, I went length but I want it healthy length.
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
    ok, after reading through this I'm really thinking of trying to stretch my "dustings" out to more like 20 weeks. I do need reshaping though, is that against the rules?

anyone take biotin or hair, skin, nails vitamins?
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
  • AnnieKayAnnieKay Posts: 112Registered Users
    Ohh, can I join? I'm ready to get my length back and keep it as healthy as possible this time! :mrgreen:
    3b curls :love4:
    Products I'm using:
    Shampoo 1-2x/week: Organix Coconut
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Gel: LA Looks Sport

How to HENNA your hair: http://annieshealthtalk.hubpages.com/hub/Chemical-Free-Hair-Color-Steps-for-Using-Henna-to-Dye-Your-Hair
    "Sh*t Curly Girls Say": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emqRg3t3mng
  • RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Posts: 3Registered Users
    Ok I'm gonna come out of lurking to join too!:evil1:
    My hair's too short for protective styles or tying up at night but I do sleep with jojoba oil and a satin bonnet. I have to work on the water intake and plenty-of-sleep thing though (<--night owl).
    Mamacurl3 wrote: »

I was taking 3000mcg's of biotin daily for the past four months and it didn't seem to have any effect so I just started taking GNC Nourishair a couple days ago.
  • Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
    cool. i wanna join. im trying to start growing my hair out before i start highschool.
    mumsy says no highlights until my hair hits BSL >:P
    Hair Type: 3c/4a
    Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
    Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
    Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
    Proud to be a curly gurl!
    :toothy8:
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would like to join. I already joined a hide your hair challenge which will last until December. So this will fit in perfectly. Trying to grow my hair back from having it cut for a Hair Show!
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
    I was taking the hair skin and nails from gnc a few mos ago and straight biotin this past month. I think it helped a little
    I just picked up some flax seed oil, for the omega-3's and just read that it's supposed to help with hair growth too. bonus! keep you posted on results.
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    ok sweet test u can join girl!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

I would like to join. I already joined a hide your hair challenge which will last until December. So this will fit in perfectly. Trying to grow my hair back from having it cut for a Hair Show!
    of course!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

I was taking the hair skin and nails from gnc a few mos ago and straight biotin this past month. I think it helped a little
    I just picked up some flax seed oil, for the omega-3's and just read that it's supposed to help with hair growth too. bonus! keep you posted on results.
    ok! keep us posted and u can def join! :)
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

• HausOfCurlsHausOfCurls Posts: 16Registered Users
    Hi my name is Dominique and I am new to naturally curly. Within the last few days I have come to realize that I am not going to flat iron or color my hair. My last color was in Feb, last cut (which was a major chop for a new bday look, 7 inches) in March, and my last flat iron was in May. My hair is fried and beyond damaged. Im psyched to do this challenge cuz it will further motivate me from trying to "fix" irreversible damage.

I have about a 3b.. but then again I dont even know because it is soooooo damaged.

May I join madame lol??
    ok! keep us posted and u can def join! :)
    yay! I'm in!
    I'll keep you posted on the omega and flax. I also upped my biotin to 5000mcg.
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
  • Brey-n-curlsBrey-n-curls Posts: 2Registered Users
    i'm definitely ready to Join :0)....count me in !!!!
  • DotDotDotDotDotDot Posts: 13Registered Users
    Wow, looks like I saw this thread just in time! I'm in!
  • jessica1229jessica1229 Posts: 22Registered Users
    while growing out my hair is it ok to do a roll set so i won't mess with my hair as much???... i'm trying to do as little as possible while I am growing it out (this includes no flat/curling iron that might damage my hair)..
    3c, F, 1c/ii
    Currently using: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. Plus Giovanni Smooth as Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Fusion . Also Proclaim hair gloss to give my hair shine and moisturized.

*2 years natural and loving it;-)* (the process continues)...:thumbup:
    i'm definitely ready to Join :0)....count me in !!!!
    ok!! just in time!!

you 2 dot dot!!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

ok, after reading through this I'm really thinking of trying to stretch my "dustings" out to more like 20 weeks. I do need reshaping though, is that against the rules?

no its not dusting is allowed trimming is not if your ends are REALLy damaged then trimming is ok BUT make sure trimming is not going to happen often.
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

of course rollersetting is fine!!
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

while growing out my hair is it ok to do a roll set so i won't mess with my hair as much???... i'm trying to do as little as possible while I am growing it out (this includes no flat/curling iron that might damage my hair)..
    im a 3b... and have
    very weird layers...

event.png

• jessica1229jessica1229 Posts: 22Registered Users

ok thanks
    3c, F, 1c/ii
    Currently using: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. Plus Giovanni Smooth as Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Fusion . Also Proclaim hair gloss to give my hair shine and moisturized.

*2 years natural and loving it;-)* (the process continues)...:thumbup:
  • Donna-epDonna-ep Posts: 192Registered Users
    Did you start or is it still possible for me to join? :-)
    3b textured curly from DK.

• Donna-epDonna-ep Posts: 192Registered Users
    Hi my name is Dominique and I am new to naturally curly. Within the last few days I have come to realize that I am not going to flat iron or color my hair. My last color was in Feb, last cut (which was a major chop for a new bday look, 7 inches) in March, and my last flat iron was in May. My hair is fried and beyond damaged. Im psyched to do this challenge cuz it will further motivate me from trying to "fix" irreversible damage.

I have about a 3b.. but then again I dont even know because it is soooooo damaged.

May I join madame lol??

Love your hair! It looks so beautiful :-)
    3b textured curly from DK.

• KnottyKnotty Posts: 164Registered Users
    I'm sitting with Wella Kolestral on my hair.
    3c/4a
    event.png
  • HausOfCurlsHausOfCurls Posts: 16Registered Users
    hey donna-ep thankss so much, i appreciate it being that my hair is sooooo dry.. hows ur growth process coming along?
  • S for SuccessS for Success Posts: 32Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am SO in.
    I just started taking GNC Women's Hair,Skin, and Nails Formula w/ 3000mcg Biotin [i took 2 caplets]
    and also 1500 MSM [just 1 pill]

yesterday I co-washed, moisturized, and sealed with shea butter and two-strand twisted. i'm trying to finish my old conditioners so i can get new silicone free ones so hopefully that won't hold me back too much.

good luck ladies :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file