Which of these is more likely to get me into tip-top shop

superflycurlsuperflycurl Posts: 23Registered Users
I look toned for some reason, its just my natural body type I think, but my cardio fitness level is not that great - just average I guess. I want to get into super shape - don't want to lose weight but want to get really hard and buffed. What is the most effective cardio out of these:

spinning
running
kickboxing?

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    All three of those are great exercise, and will yield different results. I know you've started cycling - which is awesome. Here's my analysis of the three:

spinning - burns lots of calories, will tone/define your legs and possibly bulk them up

running - burns moderate amount of calories (totally depends on your pace), will help you shed fat that is covering your muscles so you will appear more toned, will tone/define leg muscles without bulking up

kickboxing - burns lots of calories, will tone and define just about all muscle groups without bulk, i find kickboxing to be a great full body workout
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    what is spinning?
    3b-3c CG
  • JessicurlJessicurl Posts: 401Registered Users
    Spinning is a group exercise class done on a stationary bike. But the bike they use is different than just a regular old stationary bike, but I'm not sure how best to describe the difference.

Here's a Spinning bike:
    Schwinn_Spin_Pro.jpg

And here's a more traditional stationary bike you'd find in a gym, just not in a spinning class:
    B50.jpg

I used to do spinning and it's a WAY better workout than just riding a regular bike. But of course, how good the workout is depends on the teacher, the tension level you set on the bike, and your energy for that day.
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    oh! i think i've used one before. does it tell you how many calories you burned? I've always wanted to know how many calories i've burnt and i'm left clueless. I don't use machines.
    3b-3c CG
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cycling (spinning) is a great form of cardio that is gentle on your knees and you don't have to worry about choreography (if that's not your thing) so i say cycling 3 days a week plus strength training will do the job....i don't get any bulk w/ cycle and if you find an instructor or instructors that you like the time will fly by and you'll get a great workout! you can burn between 400-800 calories per hour in cycle. make sure your form is good. the seat may hurt at first but if you're sitting correctly it'll go away after a few rides. even if you choose cycle as your primary exercise cross-train w/ some time on the treadmill or by using the step mill.

**note** - i'm biased because i'm a cycle instructor.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file