Is it possible i need a protein

wavy wonderwavy wonder Curl NeophytePosts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
treatment twice in one week?
I did an ION (sallys' protein treatment) pack protein treatment on monday. The last few days my hair has been "Eh" to say the least My curls or waves have been none existent. And my hair was feeling straw like.. but i'm not sure if that was the honey i was leaving in my hair. Anywats, I did an egg, honey, ACV and oil treatment today and my curls are alive again.
does anyone else need two protein treatments in one week or is that ion stuff i used crap?

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Curl Neophyte Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WW is your hair fine or coarse?
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• elitaelita Curl Neophyte Posts: 402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Didn't you just have your hair colored? I just finished reading Struttswife's e-book and I think she recommends protein to close the cuticle after coloring, especially for fine hair. Let me see if I can find it for you.
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My colorist just told me my hair was medium, not fine, not coarse.
    and yes Elita, I got my hair colored about 3 weeks ago.
    :hello2:I found it! Lightening hair "blows holes in the cortex" Tiffany recommends one protein treatment for course hair and a "series of treatments" for fine fair after getting hair lightened. So 2 treatments in one week sounds about right for medium textured hair.

Everyone's hair is different, so you should feel free to add protein whenever you think your hair needs it. Those with course hair tend to be protein sensitive and those with fine hair need lots of protein added, so medium texture is somewhere in the middle.
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thanks soooo much Elita!!!:)
    You're welcome! You should really read her book. It's only $10 and is a good reference.
    She lists all the common ingredients and what category they are (protein, silicone, emollient, humectant, etc). There's also a chart on what types of ingredients to use for different hair types (based on porosity and texture). When I have time, I want to go through all my products and make a spreadsheet of the ingredient categories.
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
    cool. I will order it. I've just been procrastinating;) but it sounds like it would really help me out:cheers:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file