Sweet Lord: I Medium - Big Chopped 5.27.2009

FlashdanceFlashdance Posts: 91Registered Users
Hello Ladies,

I had not really set out to BC because I was afraid it would look crappy....& I would not be capable of handling my natural curls/waves....But...after reading a lot of posts & linking to other sites- especially the one of Teri's [biracialhair.org]...I decided to [spur of the moment] Medium,- Big Chop my processed hair. I cut 5 inches off as the maximum length & less than this other places. I feel better. I really do. It's like I am more carefree....& my mood is lighter. I'll probably wait another 2-4 months to do the rest which will pretty much be the sum total of my relaxed hair....I am excited!

I am planning on posting pics as soon as I get a new & improved camera.

I would like to send a collective thank you to all the women who even in a small ways offer support by being here. I highly doubt if it were not for some of the things said, sites created & beneficial informative posts & all that..I would have come to the decision so soon to chop.
I really saw my self dealing with the two textures of hair for the long haul...now -this isn't the case...

One added benefit is I can make out a more accurate texture of my hair than before my MC-BC.:hello2:

Comments

• Sapphire_ChicSapphire_Chic Posts: 189Registered Users
    congratulations :occasion2: that's quite abit of hair. im glad you feel good about it also i'm sure it looks really cute.
    Henna and shea butter. Next to try are shampoos bars (still <3 baking soda)
    Fotki personal 'NO centre parting for the rest of the year' challenge

event.png

weight.png
  • FlashdanceFlashdance Posts: 91Registered Users
    Thank You! The scissors & I seem to have bonded-as I was trimming & dusting today. It's like a wavy/curly layered bob now. I'll hopefully be able to post photos soon.
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations!!! Please share some photos!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• desert flowerdesert flower Posts: 188Registered Users
    I am so excited for you! Doesn't it feel great???

I just chopped off a bunch of hair last week also (BSL to collarbone) and although I had planned on waiting until August to do the rest, I am itching to go back next week and just get the rest off!

Please keep us posted! Your energy is contagious!
  • FlashdanceFlashdance Posts: 91Registered Users
    I am so excited for you! Doesn't it feel great???

I just chopped off a bunch of hair last week also (BSL to collarbone) and although I had planned on waiting until August to do the rest, I am itching to go back next week and just get the rest off!

Please keep us posted! Your energy is contagious!

Mucha Gracia Miss Desert Flower....

*Yes* it does feel great. I am so happy for you & your cut as well! I'm so diggin to snip the rest of this but...my feelings are it may be too premature.:joker:

Yowsa~hope my energy being contagious is a benefit for You=if so= cool deal.:sunny:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file