What Should I Tell My Stylist?

Comments

• diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great thread!

My last 4 attempts at getting cuts and color (tried 2 different salons so far in my new city) were all pretty traumatic. I feel that 3 of these times, I expressed what I wanted done very clearly to the stylists, and they seemed to understand. However, both stylists were still unable to do what I asked, which was really pretty simple (take a 1/2 inch or less of my layers to remove scraggliness and split ends, and touch up my roots with color). Each time I left with frizzy sticky hair, color that was way darker than I asked for, and was embarrassed walking home and frustrated that I had to do my hair all over again.

I explained to them how I style (don't use a towel, hair must be very wet to apply products, must saturate hair with product as it's very dense), but they just couldn't do it. Last time I went in, I told her after she rinses the conditioner, don't touch my hair, I'm going to style myself. 3 stylists stared in awe as I raked in my product (brought my own) and scrunched, and customers stared too. I felt embarrassed for them but I knew I did the right thing.

I gave each of these stylists 2 tries and it's time to move on. So, I think communication is a big part of it, yes, but sometimes, we curlies are doing our part to describe clearly what we want and even how to do it and the stylist STILL can't do it. Some of them are just incompetent with curly hair, maybe because they have little experience with it. I wish that stylists would be honest and admit it if they are inexperienced. I don't know how to get better at recognizing when a stylist really doesn't get it during a consultation.

I will start asking stylists how many curly clients they have who wear their hair curly, thank you whoever suggested that. I thought it would be rude to question them like that, but because of this thread, I feel I can be more assertive.

Oh! And both stylists attempted to skip-curl my hair, but my hair doesn't need that if treated right, it curls nicely on its own, and both did it when my hair was way too dry for it to work. Is skip-curling what is being taught in beauty schools these days for curly hair? If so, these stylists need new lessons because it looks horrible when they do it.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • bigredapmibigredapmi Posts: 229Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How often should curlies be getting haircuts? Ive always gone to the same stylist, and she cuts my hair wet, but I've always been pleased with the cuts. I asked her last time if there was a different way she could cut around my face, because it was the same length as my top layers(which I told her I wanted to grow out, prior to finding this site) and just hangs down in my face, which I hate, so I always have to pull it back. She told me she couldn't do anything about it, so I just accepted that. Is she right, there's no other way to cut around the face, just the same as the other layers? I want to go back to get my hair cut shorter and layered. So I'm going to tell her to take my BSL hair to right below my shoulders, and put long layers in(it's pretty thick, so no thinning and long layers is best, right? Should I bring up about the hair around my face, even though she said she couldn't before? Or is there some way I could cut that at home? I'm scared o trying to 'fix' a cut, but would prefer to be able to... Any advice? :goofy:

Most curlies take longer to achieve length so you can go longer beteen cuts. As long as your ends are fine and you like your shape, you can go as long as you want.
    There should be no reason why you can't get the face frame you want. I'm not sure why she would say that, other than she didn't know how to go about it.
    Talk to her some more to make sure you understand each other right :)
    3a/3b coarse and thick.....big and red

Advanced Deva inspired Stylist
    Do you think this is something that will solve itself as my hair adjusts? Or do you think this might be a case of needing a stronger base? My hair was cut and layered when I was still wearing it straight, so maybe that's the problem?

It looks really good, but yes, you could use a stronger base. Next time ask her to drop out the bottom layers to leave more weight at the bottom. It is definately a problem that occurs when wet cutting or cutting the hair while straight. Dry curl cutting gives me a better visual and more control over how much I take out. Exactly what Struttswife was talking about when she said 45 degree angle.

diaspora wrote: »
    Great thread!

My last 4 attempts at getting cuts and color (tried 2 different salons so far in my new city) were all pretty traumatic. I feel that 3 of these times, I expressed what I wanted done very clearly to the stylists, and they seemed to understand. However, both stylists were still unable to do what I asked, which was really pretty simple (take a 1/2 inch or less of my layers to remove scraggliness and split ends, and touch up my roots with color). Each time I left with frizzy sticky hair, color that was way darker than I asked for, and was embarrassed walking home and frustrated that I had to do my hair all over again.

I explained to them how I style (don't use a towel, hair must be very wet to apply products, must saturate hair with product as it's very dense), but they just couldn't do it. Last time I went in, I told her after she rinses the conditioner, don't touch my hair, I'm going to style myself. 3 stylists stared in awe as I raked in my product (brought my own) and scrunched, and customers stared too. I felt embarrassed for them but I knew I did the right thing.

I gave each of these stylists 2 tries and it's time to move on. So, I think communication is a big part of it, yes, but sometimes, we curlies are doing our part to describe clearly what we want and even how to do it and the stylist STILL can't do it. Some of them are just incompetent with curly hair, maybe because they have little experience with it. I wish that stylists would be honest and admit it if they are inexperienced. I don't know how to get better at recognizing when a stylist really doesn't get it during a consultation.

I will start asking stylists how many curly clients they have who wear their hair curly, thank you whoever suggested that. I thought it would be rude to question them like that, but because of this thread, I feel I can be more assertive.

Oh! And both stylists attempted to skip-curl my hair, but my hair doesn't need that if treated right, it curls nicely on its own, and both did it when my hair was way too dry for it to work. Is skip-curling what is being taught in beauty schools these days for curly hair? If so, these stylists need new lessons because it looks horrible when they do it.

1) if your hair is taking color to dark, your probably high porosity. You may lose the color just as quickly. Ask them to lower the volume they use, deposit only.

2)I agree with alot of what your saying :( I'd just like to add that the stylist are not lying, they are taught that all hair should be cut the same. They really think they know how, and are probably just as surprised as you when it doesn't turn out as planned.

3) Beauty school and licenseing concerns its self with hygiene and dieasese. That is what the state is most concerned with. Stylist MUST be educated more, and not just hairshows ( big infomercials). This does mean higher prices for clients, stylist too.

Are there any deva stylists in your area? Find someone with great curly hair and ask her where she goes? Find a stylist with naturally curly hair herself and wears it that way?
    We research the bejeebies out of ingreadiants and products, let's do the same with stylist!!!

• diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bigredapmi wrote: »
    diaspora wrote: »
    Great thread!

1) if your hair is taking color to dark, your probably high porosity. You may lose the color just as quickly. Ask them to lower the volume they use, deposit only.

2)I agree with alot of what your saying :( I'd just like to add that the stylist are not lying, they are taught that all hair should be cut the same. They really think they know how, and are probably just as surprised as you when it doesn't turn out as planned.

3) Beauty school and licenseing concerns its self with hygiene and dieasese. That is what the state is most concerned with. Stylist MUST be educated more, and not just hairshows ( big infomercials). This does mean higher prices for clients, stylist too.

Are there any deva stylists in your area? Find someone with great curly hair and ask her where she goes? Find a stylist with naturally curly hair herself and wears it that way?
    We research the bejeebies out of ingreadiants and products, let's do the same with stylist!!!

Thanks for the reply, Bigred!

Regarding porosity, it is actually low-normal. My roots and color never came out too dark before except with 1 stylist. He said he made my roots darker on purpose so that when my virgin hair grows back in, the roots would be less noticeable. I didn't ask him to do this and I hate it, it's darker than both my base color and my natural color. :(

Yes, I needed to do more research on stylists. I have found 1 Deva certified stylist in my area, plus one who is not certified but has 4 good reviews on this site. One reviewer mentioned that the stylist gave her the Curly Girl book to look at while she was getting her hair done.

This salon sounds right up my alley because they only use natural, paraben free products and the lowest PPD and ammonia color available. They claim it doesn't even smell bad or burn, yet still covers greys. My eyes and respiratory system get irritated from dye so I'd like to try this. I emailed the owner/stylist and asked her the questions you suggested earlier about her experience with curls just to be sure she understands my needs, despite the great reviews. Based on her reply, I will go in for color (get my roots lightened up!) and styling, and if I like it, will have her cut it.

Thanks for arming me with what to ask!
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • RainyDayWavesRainyDayWaves Posts: 162Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bigredapmi wrote: »
    It looks really good, but yes, you could use a stronger base. Next time ask her to drop out the bottom layers to leave more weight at the bottom. It is definately a problem that occurs when wet cutting or cutting the hair while straight. Dry curl cutting gives me a better visual and more control over how much I take out. Exactly what Struttswife was talking about when she said 45 degree angle.

Thank you so much! There is a stylist with good reviews on here who was also personally recommended to me. I wrote down what you said and put it on a sticky in my "hair book" i keep (log of what my hair likes and doesn't) so I'll have it when I make an appointment.

Thank you so much!
    2a-2c (depending on the day)
    Medium-fine texture, High density, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, APL.

event.png

What happens to you here is forever
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    I am needing something different with my hair. It's gotten to the boring blah, almost bsl. I want bangs but can't find any pics of curly bangs! :( its in.that point where it splits at my shoulder so I always end up pulling the front half back in a clip

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    Not really bangs I guess bc I don't went across the forehead I guess like side swept bangs?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
    this has been very helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    started CG on 6/25/12. :duckie:
    • 2c with a strait underneath
    • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
    • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.
  • 7OH4_QC7OH4_QC Posts: 57Registered Users
    Hum du Allah for this thread...you have no idea! I have been on my natural journey for about 10 month now. I have recently started back seeing my "straight hair" stylist for basics ( i.e scalp treatment, DC,). I think am ready to have my BC, the split textures drive me crazy! 0_o
    I haven't seen many curly head women in my salon, which makes me nervous.... Do I trust my stylist of 10 + years or is it time for me to move on?
    Does any one know of a curly salon in the Queen City?

Santana on the line!#704
  • momto2curliesmomto2curlies Posts: 5Registered Users
    I just took my DD to a salon to have her hair cut, and the stylist recommended using a razor. Little did I know to say NO! What do I do now? Am I going to have to have it re-cut to avoid split ends?
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just took my DD to a salon to have her hair cut, and the stylist recommended using a razor. Little did I know to say NO! What do I do now? Am I going to have to have it re-cut to avoid split ends?

She's adorable! Just keep watching it and treat it with TLC. Get frequent trims (or you trim the length) until it grows out. Possibly use protein--even something like AO GBP every so often. And don't go back to that stylist!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • momto2curliesmomto2curlies Posts: 5Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »

She's adorable! Just keep watching it and treat it with TLC. Get frequent trims (or you trim the length) until it grows out. Possibly use protein--even something like AO GBP every so often. And don't go back to that stylist!

Thank you, Kathy! I didn't feel great about this stylist when I saw her cut DD's hair like straight hair right after I had told her that everyone else I had used did this. It looked better after being trimmed and layered, but I have yet to wash it again and see how it looks when it is curly again.

This pic is actually about 4 years old. She has 2a hair now. I miss the curlier locks, but I try to keep as much curl in her hair as possible. Thanks for the compliment!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Thank you, Kathy! I didn't feel great about this stylist when I saw her cut DD's hair like straight hair right after I had told her that everyone else I had used did this. It looked better after being trimmed and layered, but I have yet to wash it again and see how it looks when it is curly again.

This pic is actually about 4 years old. She has 2a hair now. I miss the curlier locks, but I try to keep as much curl in her hair as possible. Thanks for the compliment!

I know that hair changes through out life. However, it may be possible that some of the curl will come back if you start adding some moisture/protein to her regime.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curly83Curly83 Posts: 140Registered Users
    I'm so glad I came across this thread. It made me realize that maybe I should switch stylists. She is sweetheart but she does not like someone telling her what to do since she is the "professional". I finally got her to do a dry twist out style because I preferred it as opposed to wet styling. However, she looked at me crazy when I asked her to do it. In the OP first post, if I went to her and mentioned to only cut this part or to cut at a certain angle, she wouldn't like it. She even mentioned that everyone thinks they are a hair expert on Youtube and these forums and that they are not hair experts. But, I've learned so much from the hair communities and Youtube. Plus their hair is gorgeous most of the time.

Also, she only trims my hair if its blown out and wants me to come once a month so my ends can stay in good shape. I think trimming/dusting ends every 4 weeks is a little excessive. I do have fine 4a hair and I know that it is fragile. I always make sure to moisturize my ends. So, I'm thinking of trying a new stylist named Christina Carsillo who does the Deva Cut method. I see that she has rave reviews and cuts hair in its dry curl state.

Last question: When getting a blowout, does a round brush cause more harm due the bristles as opposed to a denman brush?
    BC Oct 08
    3c/4a
    Protein Sensitive
    Poo: SheaMoisture Retention Shampoo
    Co-wash: SheaMoisture Raw Shea Condish
    DT: Qhemet AOHC
    Stylers: Qhemet Honey Bush Gel or SheaMoisture Deep Masque Treatment
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    yes, curly hair is fragile, but i would think that 4a type hair would not need a haircut every month,it just does not grow that fast!! she is either not cutting, or you are getting shorter and shorter hair as time goes on. i do think that is excessive.
    any brush that is being used on dry hair or with heat is damaging. if you blow dry your hair, you should only use a diffuser and, if necessary, scrunch with your hands only.
    i would definitely try someone new.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow. This thread was extremely helpful. :) I just trimmed my hair, and changing the angle of how I was layering helped tremendously. Plus, I divided up my sections a little more. I was still able to cut it wet like I normally do, but just changing the angle took care of the things that were slightly bugging me about the way my hair looked. I also left weight on the bottom or a solid base...whatever that part was about stringy ends. :) and, I was able to cut with my part, so that both sides look more even. They looked pretty even anyway, but the very top looks more even on the left side, because I was able to leave that a little longer than the right side. Anyhow, I'm happy. :)
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I just got the absolute worst "cut" ever.

How do you deal with stylists who pretend they will do what you say, and say they understand... but then do something else without telling you and you realize too late what they've actually done? Then they refuse to do what you said you wanted in the first place?

I need to learn to start being a &$*#* or something.. it was too late when I realized my hair was being literally ravaged by thinning shears and a comb and very rough stylist. I didn't know what to do at this point, since there was a huge chunk already out of the back of my head before I knew what the heck she was doing. And then I cringed when she took a curling iron to the piece that I originally wanted cut off, that she refused to cut off. If I wasn't a nice person, I would've smacked her hand away so the iron flew into the wall. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Thinning shears definitely = FRRRRRRIIIIIIIZZZZZ. I JUST got my hair healthy, and now it looks completely damaged again. So pissed off.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I just got the absolute worst "cut" ever.

How do you deal with stylists who pretend they will do what you say, and say they understand... but then do something else without telling you and you realize too late what they've actually done? Then they refuse to do what you said you wanted in the first place?

I need to learn to start being a &$*#* or something.. it was too late when I realized my hair was being literally ravaged by thinning shears and a comb and very rough stylist. I didn't know what to do at this point, since there was a huge chunk already out of the back of my head before I knew what the heck she was doing. And then I cringed when she took a curling iron to the piece that I originally wanted cut off, that she refused to cut off. If I wasn't a nice person, I would've smacked her hand away so the iron flew into the wall. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Thinning shears definitely = FRRRRRRIIIIIIIZZZZZ. I JUST got my hair healthy, and now it looks completely damaged again. So pissed off.

Wow. Sorry about that. Stuff like this is pretty much why I started cutting my own hair. And, yes, it was a little butchered by me in the beginning, but with practice it got better.

I wish I had more advice, but doing it myself is how I handle things I'm not happy with.
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice

Wow. Sorry about that. Stuff like this is pretty much why I started cutting my own hair. And, yes, it was a little butchered by me in the beginning, but with practice it got better.

I wish I had more advice, but doing it myself is how I handle things I'm not happy with.

I almost did it myself, because it wasn't a very big area to cover, and it was right in front. Looking back, I should've done it myself. I didn't trust me to do it, but right now I'm the only person I do trust... unless someone gets rave reviews from every person that goes to them. No more no-name recommendations.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    bumping this for reference.

should be a sticky!!!!

• aspenaspen Posts: 154Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This was an amazing thread to read, wow! I am also having the stylist change dilemma, I love the mood and people in my salon and supporting more alternative stylists. They did amazing cuts on me when I straightened my hair, so edgy and creative and brilliant but now that I've gone curly I'm not sure they're the best fit.

They cut my hair wet, and the post-cut styling was awful. It was a frizzy and sad and as soon as I got home I washed it out to make sure it was just bad styling and not a terrible cut. It wasn't bad, but at the same time it doesn't feel 'great' and I'm wondering if a curly specialist could give my mop more shape.

Does anyone know what I would tell a stylist to do for this haircut?

Shakira-hairstyle-33.jpg

Lots of short layers on top... long on the bottom?
    3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
    Modified CG
    Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
    Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
    Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
    Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel
    yup, this is a good thread and should be a sticky!

i would not say short on top, long on bottom. stylists can take 'short' to a whole new level. always say long layers. you want layers but not short on top!! bring photos, they are usually the best. and then, TALK about what she will do, what you want, and how it will look when it is finished.

• SherrycarSherrycar Posts: 5Registered Users
    I am very glad this thread got a bump! I recently searched out the nearest DevaCurl certified curly hair stylist. I wanted to talk to her before actually making an appointment, so I went to her salon and got very lucky. I walked in just as she was finishing someone and had about 10 minutes before her next appointment was due.

I hadn't read this thread before going, but she sat me in her chair and felt my hair, looked at the waves, and talked to me about what she would suggest. I liked what I heard, she seemed to really understand what she was doing, but I am so new to this curly hair thing that I was still nervous.

I made a 2 hour 1st appointment, 5 weeks in the future, but considered checking out another curly stylist who isn't too far away, just to see what she had to say. But after reading this, I think I'll just keep my appointment. Everything she said agrees perfectly with the suggestions here. This thread really helped my anxiety.
    Sherry in humid Houston, TX, Curly Girl since Jan. 2014!

2a wavy, baby fine, low density, shoulder length, medium or low porosity, semi-permanent color.

Shampoo: DevaCurl No Poo
    Clarify: Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint
    RO Conditioner: DevaCurl One Condition
    Mousse: DevaCurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam
    Gel: DevaCurl Light Defining Gel
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    aspen wrote: »

Does anyone know what I would tell a stylist to do for this haircut?

Shakira-hairstyle-33.jpg

Lots of short layers on top... long on the bottom?

I'd bring in the picture. I get my hair cut similar to that. It's layered both shorter on the outside layer of hair, and shorter closer to my face.

• UtopianonawaUtopianonawa Posts: 75Registered Users
    Does anyone have any advice on finding a stylist that deals with very tightly coiled hair? My hair is 3c, but it poofs up like a type 4 hair. And it's extremely thick.

I don't want to make it about race, I know curly hair has nothing to do with race, but I live in an area where there aren't many black people. My options are to go to a salon in somewhere unfamiliar in Dayton oh, which depending on the part of the city, May or may not be a place I don't want to be. There are some really bad areas in that city. But there is also larger populations of minorities.

There is a salon near by that has a deva specialist. But none of the stylist have curly hair. The deva specialist has gotten good reviews but I'm afraid even a person used to working with curly hair, my not be used to working with hair as thick, fragile and tightly curled as mine.

I of course want to talk to her and ask her all the questions on here and maybe some more of my own, but I have found that stylists that are not used to african American hair, or even multiracial hair can't really handle it when they think they can. I'm afraid that asking questions won't be enough to really get an idea of what she can handle because I imagine most stylists will just tell you what you want to hear.

I have had horrible experiences, even from stylists that have kinky curly hair. I just don't know how I could ever trust a stylist knows what they are doing.

I've considered cutting my own hair, just because of the fact that even though I don't know what I'm doing I care about my hair. Where as some stylist I don't know may also have no idea how to treat my hair, but also not care about my hair either.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you don't mind your hair being blowed dried straight you will be able to find an AA stylist who will cut it.

If you do then then the only option is to find a stylist who is used to cutting an ethnic group that often has curly hair i.e. Jewish, Greek and get a consultation from them. They need to be able to touch your hair and should examine it before indicating whether they can cut it. If they don't do this then don't let them cut your hair.
    did you post this on the salon/stylist forum? maybe someone lives in that area and would know of a good stylist for your hair? i'd put the key words, dayton OH, in the subject section of your thread.
    and, i am assuming you read the reviews on nc? they are not always right on, so i would pm anyone who reviewed a stylist you would consider.
    good luck and report back.

• UtopianonawaUtopianonawa Posts: 75Registered Users
    No I didn't, I was going to ask that question there but I thought this was more fitting because it's more about specifically what you ask a stylist before you get your hair cut. But then as I was typing I sort of realized asking questions only does so much because the answers people give aren't always the whole truth. But I will try posting it there.
  • curlyink3bcurlyink3b Posts: 41Registered Users
    I really wish this could be sticky! :tongue4:
    3b/3c, high porosity, fine strands but lots of em!

APL/BSL when dry (bangs are to chin), but WL when wet.

Pineapple and satin pillowcase at night.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file