multi-textured hair

jewcurljewcurl Posts: 2Registered Users
Anyone have experience with Jewish hair?

My hair is thick, 2C, multi-textured hair
I have blonde strands that are fine and soft, black strands that are super thick and course, and everything in-between.

My hair is very easy to manipulate due to its multi-textured strands. I am just learning to make the most of my amazing hair. Anyone have experience with hair like this?(wavy, thick, multi-textured)

Comments

• thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    Yes! My finer strands are sort of blond-ish and my coarser strands are dark brown. I agree that we have lots of versatility. My "go-to" way to style my hair is blow dry it because it straightens very easily. I can make it look really awesome with a curling iron too...like whenever my CG experiments go awry and my natural curls look horrible, I use the curling iron a bit over them an it looks great....
    I haven't mastered the CG technique yet though, which if I could I'd be extremely happy about! :)
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

http://public.fotki.com/thicknwavy/
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm not Jewish but you've described my hair as well. I have some baby fine strands mixed in with normal and extremely coarse strands.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • 3eyedfish3eyedfish Posts: 23Registered Users
    helloitsio wrote: »
    I'm not Jewish but you've described my hair as well. I have some baby fine strands mixed in with normal and extremely coarse strands.

Me too! I have some wispy blonde strands, some medium texture brown, some thick/wirey dark brown, and random shiny bronzy-orange all in the mix.

Maybe this is a common trait among wavies, having many different types of hair at the same time? It could explain why our hair seems to have split personalities!
    Type 2b
    Mod CG since 3/15/09

I use: Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Shampoo (twice/week) & Conditioner (daily), Suave Naturals Vanilla (co-wash), Dr. Bronner's Magic "All-One!" Organic Fair Trade Hair Creme & Giovanni Mousse mixed together to style. Haven't had to use a brush or comb in...a really long time!
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mine is all dark (well, except for the gray!) but definitely has plenty of thinner hairs hiding among the coarse wavy stuff. Plus the underneath is straight. So yes multi-textured. The coarse and wavy definitely looks dominant (mine is considerably wavier than your pic, and less smooth) and is my favorite part, I guess I think of it as having 'character'. I don't find it that much easier to style though? Usually the thinner hairs will just come along for the ride with the coarse curls but sometimes they decide to hang out and look like straight frizz, yuck.

Though I suppose I've not tried to actually Style My Hair in quite a while, LOL. I wash and gel and plop and sleep and hope for the best.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    I love that..."I sleep and hope for the best." I mean, I don't love how how our hair looks is out of our control, but I love how you put it--it's so true.

Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein

• kaysarakaysara Posts: 152Registered Users
    I never really thought about this until now. I'm having less of a problem with the texture and more with the porosity. The back of my head is a bit more coarse and a heck of a lot more porous. This is frustrating me right now with products because what looks amazing and causes ringlets on my front and sides, is leaving fluffy stringy looks like I just brushed it hair in the back! That area also dries in a fraction of the time. I have no idea how to deal with that.
    3a/2c, medium texture, thick and dense, normal porosity/elasticity. Cone free since 5/1/09.

Low Poo: SheaM C&S
    Condish: GFS&SZero or SheaM WCR
    Stylers: UFDCM + LALSG
    Do you air dry or diffuse? I wonder if diffusing would give you more control over the drying time...

• kaysarakaysara Posts: 152Registered Users
    I only air dry. I wouldn't mind the discrepancy in drying time if it all ended up looking the same eventually. I have a feeling that issue has more to do with the products used though. Silly porosities!
    3a/2c, medium texture, thick and dense, normal porosity/elasticity. Cone free since 5/1/09.

Low Poo: SheaM C&S
    Condish: GFS&SZero or SheaM WCR
    Stylers: UFDCM + LALSG
  • memee1978memee1978 Posts: 39Registered Users
    ok....girls.i know what you mean.im trying to figure out how to manage my hair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2c3ab waist length when stretched or flat ironed or wet.
    memee1978 wrote: »
    ok....girls.i know what you mean.im trying to figure out how to manage my hair?

I've read that hair is most maleable when it's wet so we need to style it when it's sopping wet...that's the only time we can get all our different textures to submit to our demand :)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-salons/curl-expert-anthony-dickey-2
    (6th question down)

• memee1978memee1978 Posts: 39Registered Users
    ill try that.i dont understand how my hair is wavy staight?its weird......im trying to find a good product that will work for me.:love5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2c3ab waist length when stretched or flat ironed or wet.
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jewcurl wrote: »
    Anyone have experience with Jewish hair?

My hair is thick, 2C, multi-textured hair
    I have blonde strands that are fine and soft, black strands that are super thick and course, and everything in-between.

My hair is very easy to manipulate due to its multi-textured strands. I am just learning to make the most of my amazing hair. Anyone have experience with hair like this?(wavy, thick, multi-textured)

My hair is multi-textured as well: fine, coarse and medium! I also have two porosities: mainly porous, but some areas are low porosity. I had to learn about the different areas of my hair and apply products appropriately. This means more on areas that are coarse and porous, less product on the other areas. I found that deep conditioning once a week really helped, as well as plopping. I've also learned (though I had a suspicion) that my hair could not tolerate a lot of oils. Ingredients like:cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride and quats really moisturize my hair. Covering my hair, especially at night really helps keep the moisture in and my style. HTH a bit.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • sfaithjsfaithj Posts: 106Registered Users
    i have crazy jewish hair too. it's so annoying :-)
    2a wavy. acv is my friend. flax gelee weighs down my hair too much.

cleansers: giovanni, curls
    conditioner: curls
    styling: LA Looks sports gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file