CurlTalk

Deva Care vs Deva Curl

Twirls_Swirls_Kinks_an_Curls!Twirls_Swirls_Kinks_an_Curls! Posts: 15Registered Users
Any body know the difference between DevaCare and DevaCurl products? Looking on Curl Mart I saw two names and wondered if they were different somehow.

:blob2:
I Have: Type 2a shoulder length Dirty Blonde
I use: Samy mousse, ION leave-in CO, Samy get
Curls potion, ION silk shine drops, and John
Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Curl spray
I: Plop, French Braid (for kinky curls), and am
going to try pineappling
I l<3ve: Any Garnier Fructise curl product
:wav: :blob8:

Comments

• Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    To my understanding the DevaCare line is for dryer hair that has been color treated. I've never used the care line, so I don't know personally, but I would say the Devacurl line is in the middle compared to other conditioners for how moisturizing it is.

I did a search, and here is another thread discussing devacare vs. devacurl, so it might be helpful to check this out as well.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=63049
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I used the DevaCare stuff (Low Poo, No Poo, One C) when I was coloring my hair. I did find it a bit more gentle/conditioning than the DevaCurl line. But there was not a huge difference from what I recall. I'm still using up my DCare Low Poo and it's still working well for me (any extra conditioning for my graying hair will always help).
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Twirls_Swirls_Kinks_an_Curls!Twirls_Swirls_Kinks_an_Curls! Posts: 15Registered Users
    Lil'curls wrote: »
    To my understanding the DevaCare line is for dryer hair that has been color treated. I've never used the care line, so I don't know personally, but I would say the Devacurl line is in the middle compared to other conditioners for how moisturizing it is.

I did a search, and here is another thread discussing devacare vs. devacurl, so it might be helpful to check this out as well.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=63049

Thank you sooooooo much! that link to that other thread really helped too! Thanks again soooo much.:happy2:
    I Have: Type 2a shoulder length Dirty Blonde
    I use: Samy mousse, ION leave-in CO, Samy get
    Curls potion, ION silk shine drops, and John
    Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Curl spray
    I: Plop, French Braid (for kinky curls), and am
    going to try pineappling
    I l<3ve: Any Garnier Fructise curl product
    :wav: :blob8: