Techniques to blend in straight ends

desert flowerdesert flower Posts: 188Registered Users
So, I did a (not-so) mini big chop last week to get rid of many inches of Japanese straightened hair. My hair went from BSL to collarbone at the longest layer. I really like the new length but I am so sick of blow drying it to keep it all one texture (straight).

I am going to cut another 2-3 inches in two months which will hopefully be the end of the transition, but I would really like to wear my hair curly until then.

So, is there any way to plop or any products that would make the horrible stringy ends blend in better? The Japanese straightener is so much harsher than a regular relaxer and just scrunching does nothing. The ends just laugh at me!

I am REALLY not good at braid outs and twist outs - an absolute failure...but I can't think of other techniques!

Comments

• krj1908krj1908 Posts: 80Registered Users
    Hey Desert Flower!
    I know your pain. I have had good success with with my relaxed ends on the front and sides but my back in particular will not comply easily. I wash, condition and then add leave-in and scrunch. I use some flex rods for the back so they aren't bone straight. The back ends up much curlier than the front, but at least it's not straight! I tried to plop for better results in the back, but no success!
    Mixed Hair 3B / 3C
    Relaxer-free since June 2008
    Shampoo: Deva Care No-Poo, Deva Curl Low-Poo and Kenra Clarifier
    Conditioner: Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner or Joico Moisture Recovery; Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styling: Mixed Chicks Leave-In, Deva Curl Set it Free, Deva AnGell, Deva Curl Mist-er Right
  • desert flowerdesert flower Posts: 188Registered Users
    krj1908 wrote: »
    Hey Desert Flower!
    I know your pain. I have had good success with with my relaxed ends on the front and sides but my back in particular will not comply easily. I wash, condition and then add leave-in and scrunch. I use some flex rods for the back so they aren't bone straight. The back ends up much curlier than the front, but at least it's not straight! I tried to plop for better results in the back, but no success!

Thanks! I forgot that I had flexirods and am going to use them tonight...you're right, I would rather have them too curly than straight! Thanks, again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file