CurlTalk

Stinky hair????

I LOVE the way cg makes my hairl look but, hubby is concerned about the smell. My hair smells yucky. I co wash, Lol am I doing somthing wrong?

3B curls
SheaMoisture coconut and hibiscus conditioner as co wash and leave in
ACV and honey rinse
SheaMoisture coconut and hibiscus smoothie for definition
Curlkeeper

Comments

• NyloracNylorac Posts: 129Registered Users
    What are you using? My hair smells no different than when I used to shampoo. It smells great actually!
    Chicago 2B, CG since 5/1/09, Med text, top of the head=porous
    Lo-Poo: GTTT
    Co-wash: GTTT/Mop MG
    CO: AOHR,
    AOGPB
    :thumbup:: BB's FSG, Re:Coil, CJCCC, BRHG
    Others: KCCC, KCNT, FOTE, WW Tiare pomade
    Done experimenting.
    My Hair Loves Protein :love5: And BB's FSG!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FNylorac%2F" class="Popup
  • babykicks03babykicks03 Posts: 53Registered Users
    Just suave tropical coconut to co wash, and a honey rinse.

3B curls
    ACV and honey rinse
    Curlkeeper

• tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How are you using it? I think I've seen people on here who've had issues with odor didn't use the conditioner wash like a shampoo. You have to use it just like you would a shampoo and work a little bit harder. You need to really make sure that you're scrubbing your scalp very well to help break down any oil and residue on the scalp. Then you must rinse really well to make sure you remove all the conditioner and any dirt/oil/product residue that it's removing. After that you need to use a "rinse out conditioner' and you would use that like you would any conditioner. But your co wash needs to scrub your scalp really really well.
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Maybe he doesn't like the smell of that conditioner? I have a few hair products that my husband doesn't like the smell of. He'll sniff and sniff that air and ask, "What's that smell?" "My hair." "No, it smells bad." "It's my hair, sniff it." "Yuck."
  • babykicks03babykicks03 Posts: 53Registered Users
    I may not be scrubbing well. My hair is thin though and I am afraid of breaking it. It may just take a little time to get used to cg?
    I did think about the co. I had him smell it and he likes it. Lol dont you wish that you could smell your own hair :) .

3B curls
    ACV and honey rinse
    Curlkeeper

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    You definitely need to be thoroughly massaging with the tips of your fingers (not your nails) much more than with shampoo. Also you might want to try a brown sugar scrub to get rid of scalp build up. Just mix a little condish with the sugar and rub your scalp.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users
    If you're massaging your scalp thoroughly (and not the length of your hair), then you won't be doing much - if any - damage at all. :) It might also be helping your scalp's health by increasing blood flow, which naturally leads to healthier growth. :D

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • BhattigalBhattigal Posts: 4Registered Users
    Sorry, I'm kinda new to the whole CG thing (having only decided to try it a few hours ago) But could someone explain what co-wash means please?
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users
    Make sure you check out the sticky thread at the top of this forum for all the acronyms we use. :)

Co-washing is using conditioner to remove buildup from the hair and scalp. HTH!

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly