Confused

cinnamonBarkcinnamonBark Registered Users Posts: 2
I've recently turned seventeen, and for the past three years I've been relentlessly straightening (via flat-iron) my hair; in fact, my hair's become absolutely dry and unmanageably frizzy because of the said heat processing.

Exhibit A: 1.jpg

Exhibit B:2.jpg
Exhibit C:3-1.jpg
(UGH, such poor quality pictures! Camera-phones + bathroom lighting = BAD, BAD, BAD)

Now, questions: 1) What's my hair "type"? 2) My hair's really, really dry - are there any drug-store brand products that would work to my advantage?

Comments

• helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,632
    It's kind of hard to tell what your hair type is since you most likely have heat damage... so you're hair is going to be straighter than it actually is :S
  • RMichelleMRMichelleM Registered Users Posts: 301
    HYB is right, because you've been "relentlessly" heat straightening for 3 years im certain that your natural pattern has undergone some changes. under these circumstances, im inclined to say that what your true hair type is doesn't really matter because your hair just needs to be better cared for.

as for dryness, these products work very well for my hair:

giovanni direct leave in
    nature's gate jojoba conditioner
    aubrey organics conditioners (island naturals, white camellia)
    castor oil
    and instead of using sulfate shampoo i use dr. bronner's liquid castile soap
    :blob7:fOtKi:blob7:

i am officially the Kettle; call me Black. thanks.

I'm better than people who think they are better than others; even though that's hypocritical in itself, im a better kind of hypocrite than others.:wave:
  • cinnamonBarkcinnamonBark Registered Users Posts: 2
    It's kind of hard to tell what your hair type is since you most likely have heat damage... so you're hair is going to be straighter than it actually is :S

Hmm, that's what I thought.

Thanks Michelle, I'll try those products out.
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Registered Users Posts: 404
    Do regular steam deep conditioning and that will greatly help your hair. And for the love of god if you must use heat protect your hair first before applying heat and use it sparingly. Wrap it so you don't need to regularly use heat. I hurt every single time I see a person using heat on their hair. What did hair ever do to deserve such wanton cruelty. :laughing2:

I recommend Fudge Dynamite Deep Conditioning Repair Treatment. Great in repairing damaged hair.

fudgedynamite.jpg
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file