Bikram Yoga Challenge

NamunNamun Registered Users Posts: 113
Hi all.

My name is Kat and I'd like to do a Bikram Yoga Challenge for the month of June. The goal is to attend a Bikram Yoga class everyday for one month.

Bikram Yoga is 26 poses of Asana style yoga performed in a heated room. It helps stretch your muscles, tendons and ligaments.

I would love to hear from natural curlies out there that have done a similar challenge or would like to join me in the month of June.

Cheers! :sunny:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people”
Chinese Proverbs quote

Comments

• aoazulemi3aoazulemi3 TexasRegistered Users Posts: 36
    I just looked at a description on this type of Yoga and it looks very cool and apparently it is very healthy to the point where a lot of people experience healing from it. While I cannot promise everyday, I can say that I will definitely try to attend a session. I work at a school so I'm keeping my eye on summer vacation! 8 days away!

P.S. I LOVE the quote at the bottom of your post. Very inspiring.
    Hi all.

My name is Kat and I'd like to do a Bikram Yoga Challenge for the month of June. The goal is to attend a Bikram Yoga class everyday for one month.

Bikram Yoga is 26 poses of Asana style yoga performed in a heated room. It helps stretch your muscles, tendons and ligaments.

I would love to hear from natural curlies out there that have done a similar challenge or would like to join me in the month of June.

Grade: 4a definitely now that my hair has grown out.

Been natural since December/2008 ^_^ and loving every minute of it!

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.
    ~ Menander
  • NamunNamun Registered Users Posts: 113
    aoazulemi3 wrote: »
    I just looked at a description on this type of Yoga and it looks very cool and apparently it is very healthy to the point where a lot of people experience healing from it. While I cannot promise everyday, I can say that I will definitely try to attend a session. I work at a school so I'm keeping my eye on summer vacation! 8 days away!

P.S. I LOVE the quote at the bottom of your post. Very inspiring.

Thanks!

I'm glad you looked up Bikram Yoga. It does have a lot of healthful benefits. For me, it's helped strengthen my arthritic knees and correct my posture. I hope to start the challenge June 1. I know it will be tough for me since I sweat a lot in that class and my hair is always drenched when I'm done, but I will give it a shot. Hope you get to try a class.:toothy8:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people”
    Chinese Proverbs quote
    Day three of my Bikram Yoga Challenge! My hair will take a beating this month, since I sweat so much in that class. The back of my head is soaking wet after each class.

So I'm not going to bother with my usual roller sets, instead I'll rinse, condition, air dry (every two days) and wash with diluted shampoo once a week.

I'm enjoying the classes so far and my instructors are awesome.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chinese Proverbs quote
  • kola626kola626 Registered Users Posts: 117
    I also have started the Bikrams Yoga its only been about 3 days but I already feel a lot better. Yeah I agree I think my hair will hate me after this but its ok it will get better. I sweat so much in that class and I go everyday so I must remove the sweat from my hair. I started water rinsing then applying a lil bit of condition then rinse, style and airdry. I’m not sure if wetting my hair everyday will end up damaging it? What do you do to remove the sweat off your hair instead of cowashing everyday?
    HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
    Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
    Condish: Suave Color Care
    Condish Method: HEHH
    DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
    My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
    Love head massages
    kola626 wrote: »
    I also have started the Bikrams Yoga its only been about 3 days but I already feel a lot better. Yeah I agree I think my hair will hate me after this but its ok it will get better. I sweat so much in that class and I go everyday so I must remove the sweat from my hair. I started water rinsing then applying a lil bit of condition then rinse, style and airdry. I’m not sure if wetting my hair everyday will end up damaging it? What do you do to remove the sweat off your hair instead of cowashing everyday?

Kola, grats on your BY journey!

During and after the class I dry my hair with my towel to get as much sweat off of it as I can. I know it sounds gross, but I'm hesitant to cowash every day.

I only have about two inches of new growth, the rest is relaxed. My hair is about chin length, cut in a bob. So I'm trying to protect the relaxed parts as much as possible. I'll have to deep condition it as well or my relaxed ends will wither up and get dry. :goofy:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chinese Proverbs quote
    I just completed my 1st week of Bikram yoga. I went every single day and enjoyed it very much. What I have noticed is that I am sleeping through the night and like a baby. I have more engery during the day and I have noticed that I am a bit more flexible then usual. I am loving it. I have 3 more weeks to go..:nike:

Plus, I have been water-washing everyday and cowashing every other day and using the conditioning method to style my hair, I am loving the results...
    Love head massages
    I completed my first week today. I've noticed an improvement in my balance as well as my flexibility. I'm still having issues with my hair. I can't pull it back in a bun and it annoys me that I sweat so much through my head. Other than that, I'm enjoying the classes and will remain dedicated to my goal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chinese Proverbs quote
  • cclark1cclark1 Registered Users Posts: 346
    I would love to do the challenge. But the Bikram yoga studios in my area are at least $18 a class. It's too steep to pay everyday for one month. But I do go when I need a quick pick me up and a detox.
    Dare to be......remarkable!!!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    I'd love to do this too, but I can't afford a class a day. I'll try to go for one a week.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    Depending on the yoga studio, you may be able to buy a month membership, which would be less than paying for each class. Either way, just one class/week is awesome. :thumbleft:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chinese Proverbs quote
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    It's 140 a month for unlimited classes where I live. A card that will allow 10 classes whenever you want is 110 dollars, and drop ins are 12 dollars. I'll probably just get the second option.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    Any Bikram's Yoga updates from my yogi and yogini's out there.

I am loving it and have become addicted to it, I go yoga at least 6 days a week and I am losing lots of weight. I have noticed I am more flexiable and I am seeing my muscles toning now. Less then a week to go for the end of June, I am gonna continue through the summer.
    Love head massages
  • saralundquistsaralundquist Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi all.

Hi!

I have done the bikram yoga challenge :-) Slightly different from yours. bikram 6 day/week for 2 month. Looooved it, amazing what it does to your body! My hair however, not so happy. The heat, moister and swett makes my hair dry and frissy. Use a little bit of conditioner after every class, it helps! How did it go for you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file