Newish - 2A - 3A needs product advice

rats-tailsrats-tails Posts: 12Registered Users
Hi
I came a while ago and browsed a lot and asked about cheaper cone free brands and despite the enormous list I still can't find any (I'm in China now).

I think I'm 2A - 3A (extremely fine, fly-away but now a bit coarser with some grey) goes from slightly wavy to curious loops depending in the humidity.

My hair is now also seriously dry, never new such dryness. I think they've put something in the water to clean it because it was yellow after recent torrential storms. Usually my hair's nice in the Summer, especially with humidity, but not this year...

So can anyone just make a quick rec for some cone free/SLS free shampoo/conditioner and/or 'poo free shampoo because I need to get something online urgently and I don't have time to browse.

Sorry, I expect you've answered this question a million times.

TIA Ratty

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    You mentioned in another post that you use the Suave M & H. I am wondering if the protein in that particular conditioner could account for your dryness. Maybe if you switched to non protein conditioners that would help?
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Hi Maudie

Thanks for answering, but I've never used Suave in my life.
    At the moment I'm stuck using Chinese shampoos which are full of cones and proteins, I know from the result on my hair. It's awful.

I want to buy something online because I really cannot find anything here (I'm in China) - how about Devacurl, does it have good reviews for fine wavy to curly?

TIA, Rats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I'm really sorry. :( I got your questions mixed up with another poster's questions. I really don't know about Devacurl. I use the VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Curl Gel and Isoplus Conditioning shampoo. All of these are cone, sulfate and protein free and you can probably get them all online.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    anonymous wrote:
    Hi Maudie

Thanks for answering, but I've never used Suave in my life.
    At the moment I'm stuck using Chinese shampoos which are full of cones and proteins, I know from the result on my hair. It's awful.

I want to buy something online because I really cannot find anything here (I'm in China) - how about Devacurl, does it have good reviews for fine wavy to curly?

TIA, Rats

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Devacurl One C[/buylink] is my HG conditioner. I have medium-fine hair, but lots and lots of it. Maybe try using Low Poo and One C -- I think you would do ok with those.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • seleneselene Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'd recommend you use the HGs I have listed in my signature below. No 'cones in that shampoo/cond.
    http://www.goddess-within.com/654749361009.html
    http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=105665
    Curl Type 2A
    Lone HG product: Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file