CurlTalk

Fine limp 2a hair. Help!

I've worn my hair wavy in the past and it seemed to work, however I'm trying it again now and it's not cooperating! With air drying I get only a few limp waves unless I'm constantly scrunching with co or water or something as it dries, using a diffuser gives me major frizz, and it looks super thin if I blow it straight (which is easy). What's a girl to do? I'm not sure if CG will work for me since my hair is so fine and thin, but I am using sulfate-free poo (Giovanni 50:50) and then scrunching in conditioner and a little gel (Giovanni Route 66 and La Bella). I'm not using cones either. If I try just gel or mousse I get super crunchy, yet still weighed down hair. I can't really tell if I need moisture, or protein, or what. My hair is dyed blond (not bleach) so its probably somewhat dry, although it doesn't feel too bad. Does anyone have similar hair and a routine that works for them? Also any suggestions on cuts? I'm sure I need one, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Right now its a little above my shoulders, and I don't want to cut it too short as I'd like to grow it out (it also seemed wavier long), but I'm willing to cut some if it ends up in a good workable style! I guess I just need all around advice. I can try to post pics if that would help. Thanks!
baby-fine, somewhat thin, 2a
Poo- giovanni 50/50, Co-wash- VO5 Pomegranate Strengthening, Styling-??? Can't quite figure that out, tips appreciated! Trying Jessicurl soon!

Comments