CurlTalk

From the newbies to the Vets!

Ok, so there have been a few posts lately about newbie's on here, and all comments have been completely fair I admit!

But I would just like to say, as a newbie, that we only ask cos we want to be a part of this, and we love you vets! You are like mentors to us.

So I want to start this thread so that us noobs, or anyone I guess, has the chance to say Thanks to anyone who has particularly been helpful to us!

I would personally like to say thanks to JessTheMess and Helloitsio (sorry if I have spellings wrong!). You guys helped me when I started, and I've noticed you helping a lot of others with a lot of patience!

Plus, Del, Rudeee and whatshercurl should get a mention cos they crack me up!

And KathyMack, Jillipoo you always share your infinite wisdom!

There are of course others, but this is already too long now and I hate long posts!! (Now I know why oscar speeches go on and on, I could thank lots more ppl, so hopefully other newbies will get in here!!)

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

So THANK YOU to everyone!!
nz cg
2a/fine/medium porous/NO elasticity/medium
co-wash: ???
rinse-out: ????
HG combo: Boots curl cream, BB's fsg

http://public.fotki.com/kazza186/

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    This site rocks, doesn't it?
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users
    What a sweet post. Thank you, kazza186!

This site really does rock. I've learned so much here and met some wonderful people!
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fjillipoo.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Everyone on here has been helpful and nice to me and I appreciate that so much! But I'd like to give a special shout out to CurlyClaudia for going out of her way to help me out! In my eyes she's the bomb diggity!
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    What a nice post. We all really love this place, that's why we're here. Know one minds giving advice and helping those who show they want to learn. As I told one young lady who asked me for advice, I wanted her (and everyone else) to love her curls each and everyday.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • That70sHeidiThat70sHeidi Posts: 34Registered Users
    DITTO the thank you! The pictures in signatures and info on what you're using are SO helpful, often I don't even have to ask newb questions, I just check the pic, check the sig, and write it down.

I think it's hysterical that in the 15 years I've been online, this is the first board I've seen where y'all show the back of your head in the avatars.

:salut:
    2A/B, F, i - thinning on top due to meds
    Above-shoulder length, can't plop!
    Using: VO5 Tea Therapy Blackberry Cond (cowash), LA Looks Mega Hold gel
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users
    Aw thanks kazza186!

This site is truly a gem helping lots of women (and men!) discover the beauty of their curls, waves, spirals and everything in between.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    kazza this thread is like a breath of fresh air! How refreshing!!!! Thanks for your sweet words. You guys are right, this site rocks :headbang: I love it here, otherwise I would not be here all the time! I've met some amazing women here as well...and learned so much from so many of you. jilipoo, RCC, kathymac, struttswife, CurlygirlFl, shawnette the list goes on and on kazza you're right!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Thanks kazza!

You are very kind. I love it here too. So much fun to see what other products people are using and how they're using them, experimenting, sharing tips and spreading the PJ contagion far and wide. :D
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • loewinloewin Posts: 246Registered Users
    Good idea. Thanks to all the pro's that take the time to answer questions and give awesome advice! :cheers:
    Very basic hair wiki :sign9:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlyhairwiki.wetpaint.com%2F" class="Popup
    In depth wikis :sign9:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlyhair.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FMain_Page" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurltalk.net%3A8080%2Fweb%2Fguest%2Fwiki%3Bjsessionid%3D56628865A9EAD858B89DF7BC9CB6D285" class="Popup

2b/3a medium/coarse semi-porous/iii
    White Rain Ocean Mist GVP conditioning balm. Bioterra/LA Looks. Air dry. SOTC w/LOOB..I think its my first HG. :love1:
    Experimenting with homemade recipes.:happy5:
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    very sweet post...
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users
    I think jwill112876 deserves recognition for welcoming SO many newbies and gently pointing them in the right direction (which I'm sure they really appreciate). Good job "Welcoming Queen!" :queen:
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • reensjpreensjp Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have found so many awesome tips and products through this website, it's amazing! I'm grateful for all the "vets" who choose to take the time and share their successes and failures with the rest of us, so that we can all have great curls- thank you! I have gotten so many compliments on my hair since going CG, it's amazing.

Thanks to all!
    Noreen
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Just wanted to bump this to the top, since it's such a lovely thread! Thanks to all the vets and Momma Del for your fine tutelage!
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Thanks Kazza :) I in turn would like to thank all the Vets especially Kathymack for her patient product suggestions and Del for being my PJ in crime and always listening when I have a problem.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• likethegumlikethegum Posts: 494Registered Users
    The gals mentioned so far have all been very helpful to me as well (whether they know it or not, some I just got info from reading their posts or sigs) and I really have to add BotticelliBabe and Struttswife. And, about a hundred others, whose names I can't even begin to remember! Thanks to all of you!!!
    3b/3a - CG since 04-30-2009
    fine texture, med porosity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash:
    GTTT, Live Clean, EO Sweet Orange
    Condish: Calia, AO Rosa Mosqueta/White Camellia/Honeysuckle Rose/Island Naturals/GPB, ABBA Pure Gentle, Desert Essence Shea Butter
    DT: Usually just use one of my richer conditioners, sometimes add oils or honey
    Gels: Homemade FSG!!!, Druide, BRHG, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream,
    AOMM

experimenting with: honey, agave, oils, butters, ACV, Curls Milkshake, more conditioners

• mmassagemmassage Posts: 200Registered Users
    Yes, a BIG thank you to xcptnl, LoloDSM, whatsercurl, Curlymix, and Kathymack!! I know that you guys didn't have to answer my questions...so I am so greatful that you took the time to do so.

Thanks to you, my curls are lookin' better by the day!
    Medium texture, low porosity, high density
    sulfate/'cone free since 5/09.
    Cleanse/Cowash: JCCC/Suave Ocean Breeze, GTTTT
    Condish: Giovanni 50:50
    Leave In: CJCALI, GDLI, CJCCCC
    Stylers: BRHG
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmmassage%2F" class="Popup
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Thanks mmassage.

I wanted to give a shout-out to the vets who were my mentors when I joined.

Shout-outs to: msg, rcc, jillipoo, xcpntl, frizzbgone

For anyone I've missed that has helped me, thank you! :D
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • BEERITBEERIT Posts: 69Registered Users
    I agree with everything said here, thank you so much vets for all of the time you've put in to help out each and everyone one of us. You are all the reason for our success
    Medium 3b
    Normal Porosity
    CG as of 04/26/2009
    mag sulfate, certain protein & honey sensitive

My Fotki
    pw: htown
    Just wanted to bump this to the top, since it's such a lovely thread! Thanks to all the vets and Momma Del for your fine tutelage!
    awwww Momma Del how very sweet, I take care of my chicadees heeeeee!!!

Always happy to oblige to the PJ's too ahem Jess ;)

oh and yes a very special thanks to MSG!!!!!!!

This is a great place for old and new
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    awwww Momma Del how very sweet, I take care of my chicadees heeeeee!!!

Always happy to oblige to the PJ's too ahem Jess ;)

oh and yes a very special thanks to MSG!!!!!!!

This is a great place for old and new

Awww thanks Momma Del! And Del is right, this is a great place for the old and new. After almost 3 years here, I am still learning new things all the time - from both the vets and the newbies!! :thumbup:

But whether old or new, all y'all are still a bunch of evil enablers!! :angry2: Still love ya, though! :sunny:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    msgiblet wrote: »
    ... all y'all are still a bunch of evil enablers!! :angry2: Still love ya, though! :sunny:

Yeah! Too right!!! I just placed another order from kathymac, bought a bunch of stuff at Whole Foods and Walgreens and am contemplating a run to Aldi and Sally's. I LOVE this place but dang you people have got to stop recommending stuff. :thumbup:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    I think I'm new enough to chime in here. I want to leave some love for IceQueen and Pixiecurl and SuburbanBushBabe and CherryLola and Laura Lee and Jillipoo and Stuttswife and JesstheMess and rudeechick and KathyMack and soo many others I can't even name for reading my drivel and posting back.

I also want to leave some love for a group that usually doesn't get any - the site operators and the forum mods. You guys are the enablers of all this wonderfulness and for that - ya'll are the bomb.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I still owe thinfine, who hasn't posted in ages, for the Kinky Curly suggestions. And, lol, many of you who use it today owe her too. At the time, I was of the few 3b and belows who tried it, (it was mainly in use by 3c and up only)and others tried it after I liked it, and so on and so on, just like that old shampoo commercial. It really kicked off a greater acceptance of the line across all curl patterns. Almost two years later, and I still love me some Kinky Curly.

Long live thinfine!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    Thanks mmassage.

Thank you :love4: ... I am always thrilled to hear when I've helped someone, because I have been helped tremendously by the curlies on this site.

In addition to the others already listed, I have to add Mysteryflavored, Shellynot ,CurlyGirlFLA, Lavendercurls, and Echokitten .... and Msgiblet, Rcc, Jillipoo, Xcpntl, Kathymack ... and of course Struttswife thank you... thank you ... thank you

:wav:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Awww. Just saw this:hello2: Love the positivity! You are welcome and more than welcome!

Its all good:love4:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    Jusduit wrote: »
    I think jwill112876 deserves recognition for welcoming SO many newbies and gently pointing them in the right direction (which I'm sure they really appreciate). Good job "Welcoming Queen!" :queen:
    oh yeah she was quite the greeter!! Wonder where she's been lately?? hmmmmmmm, It's been a while since she's been on here..Good Job Jill! :)
    Discovered CG 2007

I wanted to say a special thank you to ReddishRocks who's been MIA lately ;) But, she is the one that started the Sticky with all of our handy Acronyms!! We've said Thanks before but need to say it again!
    Discovered CG 2007

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    Echoing all the above with a mighty thank you!!!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    I wanted to say a special thank you to ReddishRocks who's been MIA lately ;) But, she is the one that started the Sticky with all of our handy Acronyms!! We've said Thanks before but need to say it again!
    Aw, Del. :D You have been very kind to me from the start! I couldn't possibly name everyone who's been so good to me since I started coming here. :) It's made a huge difference in not only my hair, but also in my self confidence. :)

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Thanks mmassage.

FrizzBgone wrote: »
    Thanks mmassage.

Thank you :love4: ... I am always thrilled to hear when I've helped someone, because I have been helped tremendously by the curlies on this site.

In addition to the others already listed, I have to add Mysteryflavored, Shellynot ,CurlyGirlFLA, Lavendercurls, and Echokitten .... and Msgiblet, Rcc, Jillipoo, Xcpntl, Kathymack ... and of course Struttswife thank you... thank you ... thank you

:wav:

Aww thank you ladies. I am sending the love right back at ya!!

For me - SBB/RCC were both so patient with my silly questions in the beginning and MsG and I started on this journey almost the same time (even though my join date is earlier I was a lurker then left then came back) so it was nice to have another newbie with me. Curlilocks/hair twin also made this fun. Jillipoo/Kathymack/Del/Hockeymomof3 - all fellow PJs - so nice to know I was not alone in my disease.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~