I need a Racquetball buddy...

aoazulemi3aoazulemi3 TexasRegistered Users Posts: 36
Or just a workout buddy in general. I've asked friends before, and I happen to be the only one to stick with it, and then they bail on me no matter how much I try to motivate them. Then I fall with them...

The only person that has been with me is my mother. I mean I love my mother and she's an awesome partner and friend to me, but I want someone my age to work out with me. Someone I can relate to that is encouraging. So...

Anyone out in the Missouri City/Sugar Land, TX area? I'm at the L.A. Fitness there. He he, I have no shame now, I'm desperate!
Grade: 4a definitely now that my hair has grown out.

Been natural since December/2008 ^_^ and loving every minute of it!

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.
~ Menander

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    Have you tried Googling "workout buddy" or similar terms? There are actually websites set up dedicated to helping people find workout buddies, almost like dating sites but obviously not for dating. You might have better luck there.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • aoazulemi3aoazulemi3 TexasRegistered Users Posts: 36
    Thanks! I didn't know about that. I will try that out. Thanks for your reponse! ^_^
    Grade: 4a definitely now that my hair has grown out.

Been natural since December/2008 ^_^ and loving every minute of it!

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.
    ~ Menander
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    aoazulemi3 wrote: »
    Or just a workout buddy in general. I've asked friends before, and I happen to be the only one to stick with it, and then they bail on me no matter how much I try to motivate them. Then I fall with them...

The only person that has been with me is my mother. I mean I love my mother and she's an awesome partner and friend to me, but I want someone my age to work out with me. Someone I can relate to that is encouraging. So...

Anyone out in the Missouri City/Sugar Land, TX area? I'm at the L.A. Fitness there. He he, I have no shame now, I'm desperate!

I know exactly what you mean! I need a running partner. How did it work out for you?
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • newcurlynewcurly Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    I usually find my workout buddies at school/work/etc. They tend to be people who keep the same schedule I do, so it works better.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file