Trying to inspire myself

desert flowerdesert flower Posts: 188Registered Users
So, I was having a very bad hair weekend...it rained, my hair seemed to be taking forever to do anything with, it looked like I was wearing a really cheap wig, etc...

I have 3b hair and it has been 9 months since my last Japanese straightener so I decided to see what my curls looked like. I figured I could just start over in the morning and put my hair into the ever so popular bun...

I did a co and then styled my hair as if it were all curly, even though only the first 5 inches are...curly spray, curly hair pudding, plopped and all. I have to say, I am not sure if I completely remember how to do this! Haha!

When I removed the towel, I could have cried with joy. My curls were there and they looked amazing. It has been years since I've seen them! I could tell how wonderful and healthy my hair would be once all the relaxed ends are cut off...my hair is BSL.

This is sad, but I think this may be the first time I looked at my new growth with love instead of contempt! I actually apologized to my hair!!

So, I am now once again considering the BC early. Obviously, it would be a HUGE difference from my now BSL hair but I just loved those curls so much.

I know this has been long but I encourage anyone who is getting antsy and frustrated to just try doing this one night. It reminded me of why I was doing this and of how lovely our curls and coils and kinks are!

Comments

• krj1908krj1908 Posts: 80Registered Users
    Amen Desert Flower!

I went out to dinner with some friends Saturday night and the nicest compliment was when the naturally straight-haired boyfriend of my best friend (a fellow kinky-curly, currently relaxed) said he loved my curly natural hair! Made me feel so good about my decision transition.
    Mixed Hair 3B / 3C
    Relaxer-free since June 2008
    Shampoo: Deva Care No-Poo, Deva Curl Low-Poo and Kenra Clarifier
    Conditioner: Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner or Joico Moisture Recovery; Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styling: Mixed Chicks Leave-In, Deva Curl Set it Free, Deva AnGell, Deva Curl Mist-er Right
  • desert flowerdesert flower Posts: 188Registered Users
    krj1908 wrote: »
    Amen Desert Flower!

I went out to dinner with some friends Saturday night and the nicest compliment was when the naturally straight-haired boyfriend of my best friend (a fellow kinky-curly, currently relaxed) said he loved my curly natural hair! Made me feel so good about my decision transition.

Well, your hair is amazing!!! I look at your picture with those gorgeous curls when I get frustrated! We have very similar hair and it reminds me that one day, my hair can look like yours!
  • krj1908krj1908 Posts: 80Registered Users
    Desert Flower! Thanks for the compliment. I told my best friend that I'd have some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]Mixed Chicks leave-in[/buylink] for her when she decides to go natural since her boyfriend seems to like natural hair! :lol: But given that she's a bona fide relaxer girl, I seriously doubt she'll be making a change soon. But I could be wrong!
    Mixed Hair 3B / 3C
    Relaxer-free since June 2008
    Shampoo: Deva Care No-Poo, Deva Curl Low-Poo and Kenra Clarifier
    Conditioner: Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner or Joico Moisture Recovery; Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styling: Mixed Chicks Leave-In, Deva Curl Set it Free, Deva AnGell, Deva Curl Mist-er Right

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file